Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitors Cost Mayo

Options
  • 23-10-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Lads

Does the below look ok for an estimate on the purchase of a house in Mayo? Getting mortgage through Ulster bank so they are covering €1500 of the fees. The

Professional fee – purchase of property €1,200.00

Vat at 23% €276.00

Professional fee – Mortgage with Ulster Bank €350.00

Vat at 23% €80.50

Miscellaneous outlays €100.00

Vat at 23% €23.00

Stamp duty – charged at a rate of 1% on the value
    Of the property € To be ascertained

Registration fees – will depend on the value of the
    Property. Will vary anywhere from €440.00 up to
    €915.00 depending on the value of the property € To be ascertained

Searches €45.00

Registered post €20.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

It looks about standard to me except for the "€350 Professional Fee - Ulster Bank Mortgage". What is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

April 73 wrote: »
    It looks about standard to me except for the "€350 Professional Fee - Ulster Bank Mortgage". What is that for?

Thanks, not sure what that is. I'll have to ask them as I've never seen a specific charge for dealing with a specific bank before.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

No, I haven't either. It's a steep enough fee too. Definitely question it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The solicitors fee is quite high and the mortgage fee is invented. Get other options and do not tell them you're getting and cash back deal for it

L1011 wrote: »
    The solicitors fee is quite high and the mortgage fee is invented. Get other options and do not tell them you're getting and cash back deal for it

Thanks. Didn't mention the deal. Just stated that we were already approved with Ulster Bank. Will be looking at other solicitors. It's just this practice was recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't even mention the bank initially, then. These kind of deals just cause prices to rise to the subsidy. Same way HRI qualifying works leapt in price, house prices costed in the former first time buyers grant, etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Shop around. I found the prices being quoted for the same service locally varied considerably.

L1011 wrote: »
    Don't even mention the bank initially, then. These kind of deals just cause prices to rise to the subsidy. Same way HRI qualifying works leapt in price, house prices costed in the former first time buyers grant, etc, etc

Thought it might be something like the HRI alright. Will shop around.

Advertisement