Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Bends" or "OK Computer"??

Options
  • 16-06-2000 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Just to continue here...

This will prolly need a thread all to itself... biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the bends.

the album is worth buying if just was the only song on it.

and then you have fake plastic trees, high and dry, iron lung, the bends, ahh, all of them except that stupid street spirit song actually smile.gif

but just...OMG!
    you do it to yourself you do
    and thats what hurts the most....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Bends. No question.

Ok Computer is good and has some classic songs on it but it doesnt compare in the end of the day.

Try and catch Radiohead live too, they are a poor shadow of themselves on CD.
    Total and utter riffs merchants. Mmmmm Yummy!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

And yet would ye all agree that their best song "Creep" isn't on either of those albums.

Isn't it ironic don't you think wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stop quoting Alanis morrisett .....

It's about a society in freefall....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I've got the bends, but sure after all I'm not the doctor, and I'm not the doctor, ...eh.
    wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

OK, everyone's writing off Pablo Honey which was a fantastic ablum. Creep - I'll say no more. Anyone Can Play Guitar - Rocked! Thinking About You, Ripchord, Blowout - fúckin' cool!

Back on track - The Bends -v- OK 'Puter

The Bends. Hands down. Why? I think Plastic Membrane says it best - g'man Eamon! smile.gif

OK Computer had some of the best songs you're likely to hear (Paranoid Android, Karma Police, No Surprises), but The Bends does it Just(!) that bit better.

Trivia: Everyone know what My Iron Lung is all about (I s'pose it's kinda obvious really)???

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

RE: what Iron Lug is all about.

The singer in Radiohead smokes weed, weed is rolled into a joint, the word joint is shortened to "J", ...as in "roll'n a J"...so then you can say that instead of smoking a joint you are actually taking vitamin J...and do you know the way that some vitamins have iron in them...so prehaps Tom Yorke things that their is Iron in his "J"'s so when he is smoking he is getting Iron into his lungs, so he has an Iron Lung, and he writes the song when he is as fuked as a ******* on vitamin J!

Isn't that right?

Not quite...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Tis the bends
    no more need be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

The Bends. Much as OK Computer is brilliant, The Bends i could listen to non-stop until the day i die. I love every bit of it. Hey, Pablo Honey had its moments too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

yes, i would agree the Bends. And i would also agree that Creep was their best song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

The Bends.
    A question that didn't need to be asked.

I hate singling out a particular song on the album, since its all good, but one im listening to a lot lately is Sulk. Its got Thom Yorke going nuts on vocals at the very end, and THE GUITAR RIFF, that last monster, f,ck off brilliant mental riff by mr greenwood, it still blows me away even if its about 4 years since i first heard it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

arrrgh.

Was heading to bed when I read this thread and all the songs going through my head (especially Iron Lung) so I HAD to load up my MP3s and listen to them.

No sleep till bed-time.

DeV.

ps: I am no utterly convinced that Orbital and Radiohead are the two worlds best live bands. Burn your cd's and get bootlegs of their live gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Radiohead have been ripping off Half Man Half Biscuit http://surf.to/hmhb for years now...

[This message has been edited by Von (edited 21-06-2000).]

Noone seems to know, so the answer to my little question above (What is "My Iron Lung" about) is...

Creep!!!

Listen to the lyrics and it all makes sense!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Well spotted dude. When Creep first came oit, they would play gigs, and all the crowds would listen until Creep came along, Lep around for a while, then shag off again. E.g the lines, "This is our new song, just like the last one, a total waste of time". Thats the way i always thought of it anyway..

Advertisement