Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€35,000. This is more like it

Options
  • 20-11-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

link deleted. Sorry my link to daft didn't 'link'. Detached house gone up there in sligo today for €35,000. Alright it needs upgrading but a sign of things to come hopefully

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://tinyurl.com/ygxz2bs

To be fair, it's a tiny bungalow literally in the middle of nowhere, and by the looks of it it's built in the middle of a field with not even a path to the front door (though that could be an image of the back door). Looks like it may not have been lived in for a few years.

Nice for someone who fancies a project - spend another €35k (at least) upgrading the house and creating some gardens, and all for under €100k.

You'd want to be dedicated. :D

Definitely seems to be "sane" in the grand scheme of things, but that might depend on the actual state of the place. It doesn't give the size of the site - you might be paying for nothing more than a windowed shed on an eighth of an acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Listen those same places would have been going for 130k or 140k plus a couple of years ago so at last a bit of realism.
    There were selling barns and ould ruins with couple of walls for over 80k a few years ago. :rolleyes:
    Could be someone desperate to offload and also a bit sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

upgrading????? More like demolish and rebuild. The €35k is probably cost of site.
    You are talking about ripping everything out and restarting. Complete re-wire, complete re-plumb, new heating, insulation, new kitchen, appliances the whole shooting gallery.
    When the features say "Electricity" that says it all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

One of the main features is " electricity":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 youareyou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dub.

Certain parts of Sligo stayed cheap all the way through the boom. I viewed quite a few similar places to this as recently as 2004. All of them detached, with a bit of land, and priced between 30 to 40,000 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

pathway33 wrote: »
    link deleted. Sorry my link to daft didn't 'link'. Detached house gone up there in sligo today for €35,000. Alright it needs upgrading but a sign of things to come hopefully

well i wish it was sign of thigns to come in wicklow, this fourbed detached house in greystones, with no land is asking €545k http://www.myhome.ie/residential/search/brochure/52-hillside-greystones-wicklow-co/WETKE332862

yet this seafront 5 bedhouse asking €495k http://www.myhome.ie/residential/search/brochure/6-marine-terrace-bray-wicklow-co/EOCWW361440

half a mill for the above? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The second house above needs a lot of work to be habitable, that brings its price in line with other houses in the area (a lot of work).

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dub.

I wonder how much it is going for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Please don't drag up old posts needlessly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement