Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard water - ferrybank

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

How much is the electronic system? Do you have any more detail on it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 mcmcoleran

Hi
    It is a small unit that fitted to the mains water supply , usually under the sink and is plugged into an electric socket.
    It has a six months working guarantee ie. if you feel it is not working for you or we can not solve your problem you get your money back.
    Once fitted there is no maintenance and there is no need for an extra tap as you can drink the water.
    It also clears the pipes of any lime build up that is already there.
    Admin: <SNIP>
    I hope this is helpful.
    Regards
    Martin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mcmcoleran wrote: »

Considering how hard lime can be in existing pipes, I'd take this with a pinch of salt until I see actual physical proof

mcmcoleran wrote: »
    Hi
    It is a small unit that fitted to the mains water supply , usually under the sink and is plugged into an electric socket.
    It has a six months working guarantee ie. if you feel it is not working for you or we can not solve your problem you get your money back.
    Once fitted there is no maintenance and there is no need for an extra tap as you can drink the water.

I hope this is helpful.
    Regards
    Martin

Sounds interesting anyway. Do you have a website or any customer testimonials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I am using the salt system in Ferrybank with great results - ( I have left the kitchen tap untreated and just de scale my kettle regularly)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 mcmcoleran

Hi
    Glad you did something about it but you do have on-going costs and don't forget to put in the salt.
    Regards
    Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Can anyone recommend a supplier of these systems?

Martin - if you read this, can you PM me your number please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm looking into a system for my house.

I'm mainly concerned about the drinking water, it tastes terrible and we are buying bottled water at the moment - Will any of these system actually improve the taste of the water?

We're only living here since last summer but I'm aware I need to look after appliances as well, our dishwasher is already making funny noises!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm looking into a system for my house.

I'm mainly concerned about the drinking water, it tastes terrible and we are buying bottled water at the moment - Will any of these system actually improve the taste of the water?

We're only living here since last summer but I'm aware I need to look after appliances as well, our dishwasher is already making funny noises!!!

Give Aisling Water Systems a buzz. They sorted out our water and it tastes spot on. Not living in Ferrybank though

http://aislingwatersystems.goldenpages.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I've left a voicemail for them this morning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Highways

There is an alternative that doesn't require salt, electricity or any maintenance for 7/8 years called AQUABION. It uses a Zinc sacrificial anode. It doesn't remove scale from the water; it changes the chemical composition so it becomes much less likely to stick to pipework and heating elements in appliances. So you get the protection for your hot water system yet still keep the good minerals in your drinking water i.e. Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc (no Sodium unlike with Water softeners if connected to drinking water tap)
    Available through local plumbers merchants; Heatmerchants, Heiton Buckleys/Paddy Powers, Morris DIY, PJM or Ballymountain Builders Providers.
    Made in Germany, tried tested & proven. Oh and it's imported by a Ferrybank company!

Advertisement