Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black hand story in waterford school circa 1966

Options
  • 25-11-2010 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone remember the story of the black hand in St. Josephs School Parnell Street Waterford about 1965 - 1968?

I went to school there and we were all scared stiff because the 'imprint of a black hand' was seen moving around the walls by students and teachers in the downstairs toilets and in the cookery room when Sr. Miriam was in there with a class.

Detectives came to the school to investigate and the school was closed for two weeks - I don't know what happened during the two weeks but there was talk about masses being said. I can't remember any more - I was only about 6 or 7 at the time.

We were never allowed speak about it again at school and I never found out what the truth was.

Anybody out there know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

It's a scary ghost story you heard when you were young, every town has it's own variation.

When I was growing up in Thurles we head stories about an old ghost woman with long stretchy fingers who would grab you and strangle you then disappear... well I eventually grew up and started using my brain.

If the Gardai investigated it I'm sure it's on file somwhere. Call Garda HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

loved stories like this as a kid :)

Advertisement