Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance Quote - Local Broker

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

anyone have a good recommendation for a local broker that does car insurance? gf & i looking for a decent quote on our policy, an absolute nightmare so far...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

anyone have a good recommendation for a local broker that does car insurance? gf & i looking for a decent quote on our policy, an absolute nightmare so far...

Oliver Murphy isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

A number of people recommended Oliver Murphy to me and he quoted us a lot less than everyone else without losing out on cover which included a 17 year old son.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

i went with hooper dolans this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I've been with Hooper Dolan for years and they have always been completely satisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

looksee wrote: »
    I've been with Hooper Dolan for years and they have always been completely satisfactory.

Would it not be more beneficial to shop around each year?

From personal experience, I've been with Oliver Murphy for 4 of the last 7/8 years. Two of the other years I went directly with Axa while Quinn/Liberty gave me better cover another year.

I've never got the best quote from the same place two years in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Would it not be more beneficial to shop around each year?

From personal experience, I've been with Oliver Murphy for 4 of the last 7/8 years. Two of the other years I went directly with Axa while Quinn/Liberty gave me better cover another year.

I've never got the best quote from the same place two years in a row.

No, because they are brokers. They find me the best deal, this year they suggested Axa which gave me a significant saving with a better deal. Even though I pay them to do it, I reckon I come out ahead. I have been with Axa previously and with numerous others, but they find the best deal at the time.

I was with another broker years ago who was pretty useless at finding a better quote, one year the quote was so high I did a bit of phoning myself and on the first call got a better quote. I went in to remove my business from them and get the no claims cert, and they suggested that they could organise my insurance for me from this new firm! Anyway I have been with H/D since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keithmolloy77

listen when i tell you . you have to shop round each year ring them all. i have been with 123.ie rsa. for few years now. my quote from them this year is over 800 euro for one litre car. i rang quote devil.ie got fully comp for 385. thats with my daughter in law on as well.

i have had lots of problems with 123 in last few weeks. it cost me last month 73 euro to change car from 1.6 to 1 litre. my windscreen got cracked i rang them they sent me to auto glass in Dublin. i arrived to be told i did not have cover at all. i lost days work and nct booking. when i rang them they could not find me on system. i told them i had policey and disc. they had to ring me back. told me no i did not have windscreen cover when i said well. whey did you send me to autoglass. they said they would look in to it and ring me back they never did. i said so you want over 800 for car insurance on a one litre and i don't have windscreen cover. they never rang me back. i am now with quote devil. will never go back to 123 again. nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Try Simple Insure, lads are sound and it is local. Feck this ordeal with saving €20 and making 40 phonecalls.

Advertisement