Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Requests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

sionnach wrote:
    photoshop is a more powerful tool for creating images etc. that much is obvious and i must admit it, but fireworks is so much nicer for collating the work you've done in photoshop, laying it out properly and applying the final touches :) Also i prefer it for creating smooth web graphics from scratch.
    Yeah, i agree its much better for graphical images, put for photos one cannot beat Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Fireworks is a fantastic piece of software. Pen tool manip is a sinch and it's always on pixel preview is really nice for helping with making logos etc. for web work.

You can't argue with graphics like this:

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/portfolio/523/mozilla-logos

both made with fireworks.

reactor.

reactor.jpg

reactorsmall.gif

reactor2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

dangerman wrote:
    reactor.

reactor.jpg

reactorsmall.gif

reactor2.gif
    :eek:

you are just TOO good. i love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i'm a little torn between the white background (per above) and a transparent background (see below) - there are issues with regards to the darker boards skins and transparency.

reactor.png

dangerman - you should teach classes in this stuff, truly awesome...

• Advertisement

i'm a little torn between the white background (per above) and a transparent background (see below) - there are issues with regards to the darker boards skins and transparency.

Wow yeh the transparency makes it look better.

I'll have a look at solving that later -probably just try some alternate colour schemes so it'll work on a black/dark background, there's also minor alignment issues with the sig i'll fix up too. stay tuned.
    dangerman - you should teach classes in this stuff, truly awesome...

thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

sharkman wrote:
    Hey Guys , Anyone fancy doing one for me ????
    Anyone .. Eh ? Please ..

Images on post 83 .. Pwitty please .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hi,

RuggieBear! I'm just putting up yours! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hey wait your turn. I can't give rep anymore, so I'll just give you a virtual beer.

RuggieBear.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Anyone want to try their hand at a nice sig for me. ;)

Go on.... please!!!

There we go!

WizZard wrote:
    Anyone want to try their hand at a nice sig for me. ;)

Go on.... please!!!

Ok! Well... what you looking for?

truth be told lads, i just look at a name and if something pops into my head i go for it. Actually doing the sig is the easy part, its coming up with the idea for it, perfect example is the reactor one above. it just spoke to me; once i had the idea it was done in about 20 mins.

i tried to do a Smoke me a Kipper sig, but what the **** do you do for a guy with the following:

1. Calls himself smoke me a kipper
    2. has SMAK as cool Back to the Future style logo in sig
    3. Does cartoon strip about live at 3.

See? All I can think of is a time travelling Derek Davis - but i just can't draw it captain. Or is that won't. :) Just have to wait for inspiration.

but i'll have a go tonight, cause its not as if i have a proper job or anything to do. (Hint hint, if anyone needs graphic design stuff done...) ;)

yeah, Thats it exactly... I can do it, Just need Inspiration! :D:D:D:D ;);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i must admit, you have a point there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

invert it like this

Shrimp wrote:
    Ok! Well... what you looking for?
    Dunno, I'm open to suggestions!! ;):D

Well.. do you want it all dramatic and dark with lightning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well If anyones doing mine. I just want my exisisting picture With blisterman on it or something, maybe using the screenshot someone posted earlier.

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    Well.. do you want it all dramatic and dark with lightning?
    Yeah, that'd be cool! It has to be small enought for the sig rules though! Thanks!

I think i know the rules by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Shrimp wrote:
    RuggieBear.JPG
    lol....

Me likes it....:D lokks like you went to some effort to take the ball out of yer mans hands....

But the sig i have at the moment is still my fav.... :)

Cool.. it took me about 30 mins... alot of editing and super imposing! Kinda a skit in a way! Crash it up Crash it up Thats the way we win the cup... and Hieno! :P

Shrimp wrote:
    I think i know the rules by now!
    Yeah, but I'm not sure!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Well, there it is!

Thanks y'all. I think I may start rotating my sig. I quite liked some of the other ones too. :)

Question to impr0v: is it ok if I leave you hosting that pic? If you want to delete it or anything, I'll upload it onto a bit of my own webspace?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

a number of people have just linked to the sigs i made them on my webspace, i of course promptly replaced those images on my webspace with pisstake images :D Much fun was had.... I'll host the image for ya neuro!

I'll do it for 50 cent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I know this is pretty shit but I'm inordinantly proud of this....(tis my first real go) :o

rugbybear2.jpg

Still trying to learn....but tis all trial and error

• Advertisement

Hey It's not too bad for a first go! what prog. did you use?

Oh yeah, Wizzard I haven't forgotten you.. I'll be posting it up later! :):D;)

Advertisement