Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cormie for Boards legend

Options
  • 07-05-2005 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭

for preempting the ticket sale for the 3rd U2 gig - giving boardsies the scoop before the nation.

Cormie - legend? 34 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    38% 13 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    61% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Haha :D
    I think I'll vote AJ(suited)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's very interesting, there's no U2 tickets on the For Sale section yet many boardsies have bought tickets.

Interesting ploy cormie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Gordon wrote:
    That's very interesting, there's no U2 tickets on the For Sale section yet many boardsies have bought tickets.

Interesting ploy cormie.

i dont get you ?? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he's probably thinking since it's u2 that a load of boardies would buy tickets to sell on the for sale forum, which kind of would be pointless as you can only get face value for them

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just interested in the touting aspect of it all. Mind you it seems that the ticket sellers (ticketmaster?) have tried to clamp down on touting by only allowing 2 tickets per person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i dont know why everyone is so anti touting. its a free market out there. if someone wants to pay 5 times the face value to watch u2 well then thats there problem. they have a choice its not like someone is holding a gun to there head.

the reason people here are anti touts is because they are jealous touts are making money from nothing. well thats the free market. if no one payed over face value for a ticket there would be no touting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There's none for sale on eBay as yet either, by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

U2?

Are those guys still around?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

iriver?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

lomb wrote:
    i dont know why everyone is so anti touting. its a free market out there. if someone wants to pay 5 times the face value to watch u2 well then thats there problem. they have a choice its not like someone is holding a gun to there head.

the reason people here are anti touts is because they are jealous touts are making money from nothing. well thats the free market. if no one payed over face value for a ticket there would be no touting.

They're not making money from nothing - they're making money from other people's hard work. They have no right to do this, they're contributing nothing to the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

T- they're making money from other people's hard work.

whos hard work?as i say if fools want to pay 300 to see u2 thats there problem.as they say a fool and his money are soon parted. i wouldnt pay a tenner to see u2 frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm curious now.. who's actually voting for (any vote) me.. and why? :o

Advertisement