Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs information

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, just wondering. I am going to italy for a week to visit my parents and then i am going to tenerife from italy for a holiday. I am wondering... If I buy cigarrettes in Italy (Itlaian writing on them) and Keep the receipts, then fly to canaires with the cigarettes, then home to ireland... can customs take them off me? I would have about 10 blocks but would have receipt showing i paid the taxes in the EU and that they are italian cigarettes. Thanks for the advice

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Alcosteo57 wrote: »
    can customs take them off me?
    Probably. If an officer gets it into his head that the receipt has been round the block before (it won't be dated that day) he might be suspicious. I think the transaction is above board, though.

Advertisement