Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All The Way Round 2011 Charity Drive Logo

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭softmee

p wrote: »
    The logo concept isn't bad at all. However, you need to put a lot more work into drawing the shapes, tightening the typography, and generally making it a professional, reusable, vector logo.

Right now, it's at the rough sketch/concept stage, and if judged at that level it's got promise, but needs actual finishing.

I think you've missed that part of my post :

"-colours are not right ,shapes are dodgy - i dont have illustrator at home and it would need big improvement. smile.gif "

-i said it myself -its just an idea/sketch and if op would like it and somebody out there has better software and skills it could be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

OK, lets try something different for a few days!

Forget the old logo and let people total freedom to come up with their own logo from scratch, total design control following the brief:

Needs to have All The Way Round as text
    Needs to have 2011 as text
    Needs some sort of defined logo (Maybe stick with the car shape?)
    Is for Barretstown charity so inspiration can be taken from that
    Logo will be used on headed publicised paper, websites, photographs and as stickers
    A rectangular shape would be best
    The more professional it looks the better.

I'll leave it open for 5 days, so close it on Monday the 17th.

If someone creates a new logo that we choose then I will send them a €40 One4All voucher.

Anybody up for the challenge? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

draffodx wrote: »

Forget the old logo and let people total freedom to come up with their own logo from scratch, total design control following the brief:

Logo will be used on headed publicised paper, websites, photographs and as stickers

If someone creates a new logo that we choose then I will send them a €40 One4All voucher.

Has my logo been ruled out or can I submit that for consideration?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

peejay1986 wrote: »

Everything that has been submitted from the start of this thread will be considered. Thats not to suggest though that you should submit any more original concepts you have.

Its still up for consideration but you can always do another one, it's unusual to see someone with so much talent from Ardee hey! So you might as well show it off ;):D

• Advertisement

Well that idea bombed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I have an excuse, I'm in India all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Maybe one of these guys might help yis out... :D

http://www.creativeireland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32029

Chochese wrote: »
    Maybe one of these guys might help yis out... :D

http://www.creativeireland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32029

Instead of beeing smart arses they would better show everyone what good design by creating a new professional one.
    I dont think anyone here is professional designer. I only started beeing interested in it few month ago and i have looong way to go to be able to create something what looks realt good. Still -i dont think my idea was bad -it would only have to be done from scratch in illustratol -thats it.
    Its easy to criticize and do nothing.
    Show us what you can and do something for this charity! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Tealplayboymmc

Just done these two

Will try a complete different logo during weekend

Allthewayround.jpg

Allthewayround2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

softmee wrote: »
    Instead of beeing smart arses they would better show everyone what good design by creating a new professional one.
    I dont think anyone here is professional designer. I only started beeing interested in it few month ago and i have looong way to go to be able to create something what looks realt good. Still -i dont think my idea was bad -it would only have to be done from scratch in illustratol -thats it.

Ahem, im a professional designer :)

Agree witb what you said though

Ahem, im a professional designer :)

Agree witb what you said though

:D sorry, but yours was not bad at all...

I think none of us have spend on it more that hour all together so.... and it really does take time to make it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

softmee wrote: »

professional designers expect to get paid!!! for ideas look at:
    logopond.com or logofromdreams.com

In fairness, with it being a charity, someone may lend you a hand!

dave_brent wrote: »
    professional designers expect to get paid!!! for ideas look at:
    logopond.com or logofromdreams.com

In fairness, with it being a charity, someone may lend you a hand!

I thought it was obvious that you dont "expect to get paid" from people who are collecting money for children suffering cancer. :confused:
    OP mentioned it at the beggining of this thread.

My error, I didnt read the whole thread... I presumed (wrongly) that it was another design thread... I have something drafted up :)

a quick draft...based on the logo from last year...

scan0001sy.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(just a rough sketch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mind44

These two by Dave_Brent and softmee are brilliant. (I would just remove the heart shamshee).
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/77603/144647.jpg

alltheway.jpg

They're really excellent.

OP, put them all to a vote, have a poll on the most active board, not just this one. Get people's feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

Was there something wrong with my post too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Fair enough about removing any specific discussion related to Happyman but why the need to remove the advice I gave? There was nothing untoward in it. Also why is the comment about professional designers and goatees still in place when mine and another's response to it has been removed?

Good luck with the logo design lads.

• Advertisement

I'd just like to state that we are a strictly not for profit setup and the idea was born out of a small group on boards.ie from here we decided to see if the people on boards.ie would like to help contribute to the effort that we put in by helping us along the way.

From boards.ie we have received great help from great roads to take, recommended hotels, places to see, where to get food, help with PR, professional photographs, and even sandwiches made on the way for us last year.

The idea of this thread was simply to ask the members of this forum if they would like to help with the logo, we understand that people like to get paid for their work and thats fine but unfortunately that is not something we can offer.

With that in mind we have no expectations of people giving up significant amounts of their time to create a logo for us, nor do we expect a top class fully fledged 100% professional logo that a paying customer would get.

The idea is to get the members here involved in discussion on the creation of a logo and hopefully get a few submissions to help us along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

help with PR, professional photographs, and even sandwiches made on the way for us last year.

The idea of this thread was simply to ask the members of this forum if they would like to help with the logo, we understand that people like to get paid for their work and thats fine but unfortunately that is not something we can offer.

With that in mind we have no expectations of people giving up significant amounts of their time to create a logo for us, nor do we expect a top class fully fledged 100% professional logo that a paying customer would get.

I think this is a mistake. Your efforts are fully fledged and top class, you are giving up a significant amount of your time.

You need the logo to look professional, it needs to look good on cars, on stickers, online and on paper. It needs to stay in fashion, it needs to convey the spirit of the event.

Would you ask a group of amateurs to build you a V8 engine for your GT4 and pick the best one?

Your charitable endeavors are very admiral. My advice would be give your efforts the attention they deserve, approach a good designer or design house and ask them to do the job properly pro-bono or for some advertising.

Thats the thing though John. Draff started this a long with a few of the lads from the Motoring forum and I kind of jumped on board and helped with the organizational side of things. Onkle has also been great at giving huge support behind the scenes. We done what we done last year with a massve budget of €0. When there was money needed for things like the printing of the sponsorship cards either myself or Draff dug deep into our own pockets to pay. This year we have the same budget. Unfortunately if we had to go pay for a professional designer to commit time into this we wouldn't be able to afford it.

As for asking a company to do work for us pro-bono, I seriously wouldn't know where to start with this. I would've assumed (admittedly I could be wrong) that companies budget for doing work for free were dwindled into non-existence in today's economic climate.

Was really bored and suffering from a bit of insomnia tonight/this morning so decided I'd have a whack at this. I know you wanted to keep the logo pretty similar but to be honest I don't like manipulating other people's work so I through together something new. I kept the car that was used in the original logo.

If it's a direction you'd rather not go in that's no problem. Like I said, I was just bored and this allowed me to do something interesting with my time.

2rn993p.jpg

Sorry for the bump, but would it be possible to get this design with 2012 on it, and also 2013-2020 for futures sake.

Advertisement