Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Lights" - what's the point?

Options
  • 13-09-2006 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

A friend brought back a load of cheap cigaretets from holidays but all he got was Marlboro lights so I bought a carton from him even though i smoke reds normally. i've smoked nearly 3 packs today so they won't last long. when i took smoke breaks today i'd smoke 3 of them to satisfy nicotine craving plus i have to pull so hard on them to get any real smoke sensation.

for all you lights smokers, what's the story? do you actually get any smoking satisfaction from a light cigarette and do you smoke more than 1 on a smoke break for example and if you do did you not just consider smoking regular strength cigarettes instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I sometimes buy lights if:
    a). They don't have my usual B&H (gold/original)
    b). I feel like lowering my dosage

Though yeah, pointlessly enough - I always inhale harder and deeper, holding for longer.
    I don't smoke more of them than I would with a stronger brand... I keep it at around 20 a day (give or take 3)... though it can make me extra cranky :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I started and continued on lights, so they're all that I know. I don't think I inhale and deeper or for longer. If I smoke a full-strenght cigarette, it rips the throat out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Faith wrote:
    I started and continued on lights, so they're all that I know. I don't think I inhale and deeper or for longer. If I smoke a full-strenght cigarette, it rips the throat out of me.
    Same for me. Although on a drunken night out a Marlboro Red or two are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I started on B&H, went to John Player briefly (those 15 packs were damn handy during the school days) and then moved to Marlboro Light. Smoking mainly Camel Light or the odd time Marlboro light these days and smoking less than ever, at most I'm getting through 8 a day which do me fine.
    I don't take any huge inhalations either, just normal ones and one cigarette does me a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I only smoke light cigarettes now, two years on marlboro reds in my teens and I sounded like Tom Waits

• Advertisement
Advertisement