Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The smoke break....

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:04am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

so when ever things are getting you down, and You want to just have 5 mins of bliss, Have a smoke Break..

Whens your Last smoke break?

me, I'm just going outside now to enjoy the Rich & Mellow taste of A Camel Filter

Cooler the the cool side of the pillow!

Whens your smoke break?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This is what I miss the most since I quit. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I usually have three smoke breaks in a working day.

First in and around the 10.15am mark. After an hour and a half of working, I do need that. Get the head properly together. Cup of nice tea with that does the job. (I don't drink coffee)

Smokes after lunch don't count as a smoke break.

Then I'd go down somewhere between two and half two for the early afternoon nicotine fix. It breaks up the post-lunch slump. More tea!

Then at around five or ten past four. The few minutes after four are essential, if you drag the smoke break out long enough, you'll only have about a half hour left by the time you are back at your desk and then head home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I'm in Uni so I get edgy if I have to listen to a lecturer for an hour and start craving pretty badly. This probably explains why I don't go to lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

My job rules out smoke breaks, sometimes for 12-13 hours unless I'm in the likes of Athens where you can smoke under the wing right beside the fuel truck without anyone giving a damn. Was one of the hardest things to adjust to. I just smoke like a chimney before and after work now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Smoke break at 10:30am sharp, then another at 3:30 as lunch is in between.

If I'm on the 11:30-8 shift though it'll be 1pm, then 4:30pm, then 6pm and probably one at 7 too as there's no management around as of half 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

thankfully my day is broken up with smoke breaks that get me off the ward and away from all the sick people!

first one is anytime between 915am and 1030am depending what break your on.
    second is again dependant on what break your on but anytime from 1215 onwards i can look forward to tea, sandwiches and smokes.
    sometime you'll get a quick sneaky one about 4pm if its quiet, other than that it'll be about 530pm before the next one. then the sweetest one of the day I think, the 830pm hometime, walking to the carpark 60 second smoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

No one is really around (boss) in the place I work so I can pretty much go whenever I want.

Usually go for one 10:30, 11:30/12pm, smoke during lunch, 3pm, 4:20pm then on my way home.

Agree with the above. The best smoke is the one on the way home. I actually dont like my morning smoke before work but do it anyway.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'll think I'll nip outside now...

awww yeah....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

First smoke break I get is usually around 2pm by which time I am literally at my wits end, but it is most enjoyable and those first 3 deep drags are the best. I usually chain a second one then as well. after that it's 4 o'clock and sometimes another quick one at around 5.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement