Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacume / suction two bike mount

Options
  • 17-04-2019 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Just bought a new alfa and can't face putting a tow bar or roof rack on it, I never liked the strappy type so what people's opinion (real life) on the vacuum types? I seem one sold on cycling adverts last month so there must be a few out there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

My neighbour has them. He puts 2 x MTB's on them which would be at least 12-14kgs per bike, and takes off up to Wicklow trails. He likes them. I was thinking of getting them myself if I change car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I had the seasucker ( that I recently sold due to getting a towbar) and had zero issues with. Handy enough to install and once put on properly they do not move.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Perfect, just the advice I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Like yourself OP I couldn't face putting a fixed rack on my car.

I bought Koutoubia's Seasucker rack and have found it a great to use. Doesn't take long to get it on the roof and once it's on it's going nowhere. I've been up and down to a few races with it with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Super, I'll get buying so. Any recommendations on shops? I'll need it for 2 big bikes and 1 kids. Mixture between road bike and mtb of that makes any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I think the Sports Room in Wicklow town is the stockist for SeaSucker in Ireland. You'll have to get the Bomber rack to fit three bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

have the Seasucker myself, it's brilliant. I drive a company vehicle and it's perfect for the partial drive to work as I then take the bike for the remainder of the way. Just unstick it and drop it into the passenger footwell and then refit when going home. They're expensive but a longer term investment. had zero issues with it, sticks like rock and handles bumpy roads well. You do have to get used to the rear mount flexing the outer skin of the car roof and the noise is a bit disconcerting until you realise what it is!

Advertisement