Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Airways Cancelled International Flights

Options
  • 12-04-2019 9:57am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So...I'm flying with Jet Airways tomorrow. I booked a KLM flight through lastminute.com . Only realised long after that it was a Jet Airways flight.

Now Jet are in huge debt. They've cancelled all international flights. Still no word on my flight tomorrow morning. KLM saying if it is cancelled I'll be put on next available flight.

My question is will I be put on the next available flight of any airline?? I don't need the next Jet Airways flight if they're gone.

Anyone know what is usually done in these instances?

Link to cancellations: https://simpleflying.com/jet-airways-international-ban/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

dory wrote: »
    So...I'm flying with Jet Airways tomorrow. I booked a KLM flight through lastminute.com . Only realised long after that it was a Jet Airways flight.

Now Jet are in huge debt. They've cancelled all international flights. Still no word on my flight tomorrow morning. KLM saying if it is cancelled I'll be put on next available flight.

My question is will I be put on the next available flight of any airline?? I don't need the next Jet Airways flight if they're gone.

Anyone know what is usually done in these instances?

Link to cancellations: https://simpleflying.com/jet-airways-international-ban/

It will be the next available flight on an airline KLM do business/Co-Shares with.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks. Can I ask one more question as you seem to know your stuff?!

On the way home I have three connected flights. Delhi - Mumbai-Amsterdam - Cork. I got notification that the Delhi - Mumbai leg is cancelled. No word from airline (got an email from lastminute.com). So....can I just show up in Mumbai instead and get on? I'll try call the airline but they're hard to get onto.

dory wrote: »
    Thanks. Can I ask one more question as you seem to know your stuff?!

On the way home I have three connected flights. Delhi - Mumbai-Amsterdam - Cork. I got notification that the Delhi - Mumbai leg is cancelled. No word from airline (got an email from lastminute.com). So....can I just show up in Mumbai instead and get on? I'll try call the airline but they're hard to get onto.

Essential, no. I'd contact the airline ASAP to confirm what's happening. If one leg of a booking is missed the entire ticked us voided. If you had a flight that had a-b-c-d legs and skipped a and showed up in b, they'd just tell you your ticket is no longer valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭doctorg

What happens if the ticket is booked via Jet in this case ?

doctorg wrote: »
    What happens if the ticket is booked via Jet in this case ?

No idea. You'd have to contact the vendor and/or airlines involved to get clarification.

• Advertisement

No idea. You'd have to contact the vendor and/or airlines involved to get clarification.

Booking agent directing to Jet and Jet phone lines are taking off.

I assume they are only cancelling part of the flights so they don't have to issue refunds.

Guessing People still need to show up for the first part of their flight to get refunds ?

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/air_travel/compensation_for_overbooked_and_delayed_flights.html - This probably goes out the window too if they declare bankruptcy ?

Honestly have no idea sorry lads. I know if KLM issued the ticket they will honour and accommodate where possible, beyond that I as clueless as anyone else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks everyone. Called the airline and they've moved me to an earlier flight for the first leg. So a long layover in Mumbai. Could be worse.

Bit annoyed that I've nothing in writing though. I'd like an email that confirms I'm on the earlier flight. I might ring again in a few days and see if another person gives me the same info to confirm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Check the PNR on the airlines website and see what flight shows up. If for some reason you don't have a PNR then call the airline and ask them what it is.

Jet is only doing refunds which will take up to 90 days to come back.

They don't seems to have any idea about the EU Laws on flight cancellation and so are just redirecting to file a complaint on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-your-money-48660521

Looks like that's the end of Jet Airways with 14 aircraft up for grabs.

Advertisement