Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are some Counties ahead of others with recruitment for Sept. 2019

Options
  • 09-04-2019 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone solve the riddle as to why some counties seems to be much more forward with recruitment.

I am currently living in Munster and notice a huge number of jobs in Cork being advertised on educationposts with an Aug/Sept start date in the last couple of weeks but yet only a trickle for other Munster counties.

Anyone any idea why this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭amacca

Jane98 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone solve the riddle as to why some counties seems to be much more forward with recruitment.

I am currently living in Munster and notice a huge number of jobs in Cork being advertised on educationposts with an Aug/Sept start date in the last couple of weeks but yet only a trickle for other Munster counties.

Anyone any idea why this is?

would cork have the largest population?

Also is Cork not the biggest city in Munster, therefore more students and teachers, therefore more teaching jobs there.....might contribute a a little

maybe they are just better organised or they actually have more jobs or higher turnover due to some city schools being "difficult" to work in etc...or coincidence

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I’m from Cork. I can confirm it’s because we’re better organised than everyone else. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ulsen

Would most of these be readvertisements for posts aleady held by people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

dory wrote: »
    I’m from Cork. I can confirm it’s because we’re better organised than everyone else. ��

Ever hear about the Corkman with low self esteem?

He though he was just as good as anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Maybe they know that the CID is coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

ulsen wrote: »
    Would most of these be readvertisements for posts aleady held by people?

Id love to know the answer to this question myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I just took a look at educationposts there as you mentioned it.

Only four posts, two for principal teachers and two for SNAs, doesnt seem like they have much to offer yet if your talking about Septembers offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I just took a look at educationposts there as you mentioned it.

Only four posts, two for principal teachers and two for SNAs, doesnt seem like they have much to offer yet if your talking about Septembers offers.

I think you must be looking at primary jobs, I'm talking about Post Primary. There are currently 56 jobs advertised in Cork.

Advertisement