Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter on Saturn

Options
  • 07-04-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭

Picked this up the other day. I have a grey JP Saturn with an Action Replay, and the game starts to launch, and then goes to the CD player.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

Picked this up the other day. I have a grey JP Saturn with an Action Replay, and the game starts to launch, and then goes to the CD player.

Any ideas?

you have the 4mb cart as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

geotrig wrote: »
    you have the 4mb cart as well?

Those Action Replay carts have the 4Mb expansion built in, I thinks?

Usually going straight to the CD player screen is indicative of the laser either kaput, or needing adjustment. I’ve seen cd motors failed, causing the same thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Reseating the AR cart a few times did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya those AR carts aren't great regarding the memory expansion, mine works about 1/3 of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Official 4MB Expansion hunt begins so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think I remember reading years ago that AR carts can also damage the cart slot?

Have had mine for an eternity and no problem as of yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    I think I remember reading years ago that AR carts can also damage the cart slot?

Have had mine for an eternity and no problem as of yet.

It's more that the Saturn cart slot is just badly designed and can wear out over time.

I've had my AR cart permanently wedged in the slot since I got the Saturn so not like the slot gets much of a work out. However some older AR carts, including mine, have a wrong pin out which means it doesn't work with Capcom 4MB games without some soldering to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Those cart also don't follow the rules when it comes to controller handling, which make building a controller emulator a total pita :(

Advertisement