Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport for Mobile Home

Options
  • 02-04-2019 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I am buying a mobile home, and I am giving my old one (free) to a young family who are building their own home.

The problem is,,, we can't find anyone to transport it from Dublin to Clare. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please? (pun intended)

I feel really bad as the young mother and her family are very excited about getting it. They planned on living in it till their house is built

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭enricoh

Dublin to clare, could be the guts of e1000 to get it shifted. Ring a few caravan sites, they would use guys all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

enricoh wrote: »
    Dublin to clare, could be the guts of e1000 to get it shifted. Ring a few caravan sites, they would use guys all the time

We have done that already Enrioch. I was hoping someone on here would know someone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Would the people who sell mobile homes have any information on this or can they arrange it?

Well after 19 days of total timewasters, including the original family who were gonna live in it while their house was being built. They just stopped communicating and ignored my messages. And then there was a homeless family with 5 kids who wanted it,to put it on their parents land. They were willing to pay 1000 euro to get it moved, but the transport guy let them down, so we found another guy who said he would do it for 1200, and we offered to pay 600... They were happy to go with that, and then the day before the mobile was to be picked up, I got a text message to say that they had nowhere to put it after all.
    We had to scrap a perfectly good mobile home.
    And also as a result of all these timewasters, I couldn't get my new one delivered before Easter, and its coming tomorrow April 24th. And our summer is probably already over (jk)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

BillieT wrote: »
    Well after 19 days of total timewasters, including the original family who were gonna live in it while their house was being built. They just stopped communicating and ignored my messages. And then there was a homeless family with 5 kids who wanted it,to put it on their parents land. They were willing to pay 1000 euro to get it moved, but the transport guy let them down, so we found another guy who said he would do it for 1200, and we offered to pay 600... They were happy to go with that, and then the day before the mobile was to be picked up, I got a text message to say that they had nowhere to put it after all.
    We had to scrap a perfectly good mobile home.
    And also as a result of all these timewasters, I couldn't get my new one delivered before Easter, and its coming tomorrow April 24th. And our summer is probably already over (jk)

If you haven't scrapped it yet I might be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭enricoh

Ha, the joys of dealing with the public should never be underestimated !
    Good luck with the new one.

If you haven't scrapped it yet I might be interested.

Its all been scrapped. New one was delivered today

enricoh wrote: »
    Ha, the joys of dealing with the public should never be underestimated !
    Good luck with the new one.

Advertisement