Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand National 2019 Aintree

• 13-02-2019 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Mall Dini
    25/1
    Great weight
    Class act

#justsayin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Potentially a third of the field could be trained by Elliott. Its a piss take. I know they’re entitled to do it but there’s nothing worse than seeing 10 odd horses in maroon and white in a race. Some poor fella with 2 or 3 horses in training could be miss out on his chance at a National because Elliott decides to run a pile of O’Leary’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Motivator wrote: »
    Potentially a third of the field could be trained by Elliott. Its a piss take. I know they’re entitled to do it but there’s nothing worse than seeing 10 odd horses in maroon and white in a race. Some poor fella with 2 or 3 horses in training could be miss out on his chance at a National because Elliott decides to run a pile of O’Leary’s.

Fcuk Gigginstown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Mall Dini
    25/1
    Great weight
    Class act

#justsayin

Not a class act.. but doesn't need to be! Fine chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mall Dini caught my eye too.

He wasnt as good a centre half as me, and certainly not as good looking, but he has a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lads if your gonna start a thread at least wack up a link to the weights for ****s sake lazy ***** :pac:

• Advertisement

Could never understand why lads are on about the Grand National in February, before cheltenham has even started ffs

Thoughts on Mall Dini after today folks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Mall Dini after today folks

The fact that he is still a maiden over fences would put me off...……... for starters.

Anyone who still thinks that this horse has a chance in the Grand National needs their head examined.

I am beginning to think that this forum is made up of a load of false usernames which are created by brokers and/or exchange layers. The amount of tripe bandied about that gets horses lauded as having chances is a joke. Presenting Percy favourite for a Gold Cup ….. doesn't even place. Laurina the greatest mare since Dawn Run ….. doesn't even place. Thankfully the jockey eased up on Baupaume after closing up the straight, to let some mugs at least get their stake back on Faugheen …… da Machine.

Now they're on about a maiden chaser having a shout around Aintree, when will this nonsense stop?

Anibale Fly looks tailor made for this. 12/1 currently but think it’ll drift a small bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

My opinion is tiger roll could of won a gold cup let alone a grand national on his performance at Cheltenham. Will be hard to beat but anything can happen in a national

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Rathvindin wont the far away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Now they're on about a maiden chaser having a shout around Aintree, when will this nonsense stop?

Rule The World says hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Johner wrote: »
    Rule The World says hi.

Just beat me to it.. Moron by name...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Just beat me to it.. Moron by name...

Least his name is honest. ...

Rule The World says hi.

Fair enough, I had forget about him. Has there been any others ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Anywhere got the foxhunters priced up? Ucello conti interests me round there if hes Not too short.

Anywhere got the foxhunters priced up? Ucello conti interests me round there if hes Not too short.

I think ucello has been placed in an National before ? Correct me if I’m wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

The fact that he is still a maiden over fences would put me off...……... for starters.

Anyone who still thinks that this horse has a chance in the Grand National needs their head examined.

I am beginning to think that this forum is made up of a load of false usernames which are created by brokers and/or exchange layers. The amount of tripe bandied about that gets horses lauded as having chances is a joke. Presenting Percy favourite for a Gold Cup ….. doesn't even place. Laurina the greatest mare since Dawn Run ….. doesn't even place. Thankfully the jockey eased up on Baupaume after closing up the straight, to let some mugs at least get their stake back on Faugheen …… da Machine.

It can stop anytime you like...log off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Tiger Roll will be heard beat if he does go for the national. O'Leary seemed unsure. I think they may lock him up for summer and go for gold next season.

Rathvinden interests me took 33's a few weeks back. Only a tenner down but may lump on in the coming weeks

• Advertisement

Mullins taking Rathviden down the same route as Hedgehunter in 05’. Bobbyjo winner then straight to the National

piplip87 wrote: »
    Tiger Roll will be heard beat if he does go for the national. O'Leary seemed unsure. I think they may lock him up for summer and go for gold next season.

Rathvinden interests me took 33's a few weeks back. Only a tenner down but may lump on in the coming weeks

33’s fantastic price. Would you be lumping on at 12/1 though??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Rule The World says hi.

He had won an Epsom Derby though a couple of years before so the speed was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

To be fair, you have a valid point.

The hype for these horses comes when people hear the trainer, owner or jockey think the horse is in decent form or has potential. Another reason for the unrealistic hype with these horses is lazy journalists and pundits who can’t be arsed to go through a full race in detail so just throw out a name that’s popular. I’ve seen it over the last couple of years with prominent enough names in racing admitting they haven’t even looked at the card but so and so has potential and “they’ll do for me”. Again, people buy in to it and it snowballs from there.

Presenting Percy being favourite was just bizarre and I’ll never be told it was anything else. Not meaning to offend anyone but whoever backed him at 7/2 or 4/1 deserved to lose money. He never had a chance of winning a Gold Cup. He’s a talented horse but come on, a Gold Cup with the prep he had? Kauto Star in his prime wouldn’t have had a chance with his prep.

Laurina again was bizarre. The highest rated horse she had beaten was rated 147 and he ran about 10 lbs below his best the day she beat it. The bookies knew the Mullins thinks she’s good so she was probably less than half the price she should have been. I said it before the festival and I’ll say it again she didn’t even belong in the race to begin with.

I have a general rule for betting and it’s bet with your eyes not with your ears.

Anyone who writes mall dini off after that race needs to have a word with themselves! It was no more than a cobwebs run in prep for a FOUR MILER .....this race was hardly relevant! Hence no negative price impact. It was a very decent prep run. No more no less

Still like him a lot for Aintree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

33’s fantastic price. Would you be lumping on at 12/1 though??

I don't know. If Tiger Roll doesn't go than I think Rathvinden would be a great choice. I backed Rathvinden in February at 33's ante post so didn't want to put more on then a tenner :) have been stung with big AP bets a few time before. 12/1 would still be a cracking price if he wins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Lot of whinging on here. This is the Grand National thread. If you're not talking about the Grand National, take it somewhere else.

Mall Dini has a good chance in the GN. His cross shows he has a good chance of staying the trip. One For Arthur who won the National two years ago is by Milan. Mountainous who won two Welsh Nationals is by Milan and out of a Glacial Storm mare. He's clearly well handicapped and needs things to drop right for him. A unique test like The Grand National is just the type of thing that could see him to best effect. He will prefer better ground. Sean Flanagan will most likely take the ride after riding him on Sunday and with Meade having no entries. Davy Russel rode Dakota Moirette yesterdays race cause he'll be riding Tiger Roll, and of course Russel can't do the weight at 10-4. Flanagan has ridden 3 times and never fallen. PU twice and finished 6th last year on Road To Riches.

To me he looks a complete boat but he had enough to lay up with the two milers on Sunday. He jumps impeccably, makes it look so easy. I would have no worries about him jumping around Aintree, laying up with them or staying. The one worry may be his determination to get his head in front. I backed Rule the World when he won the National and I'm convinced this horse will excel in the Nationals jsut like RTW did.

2pts ew @ 25/1

Others I've backed which I'll talk about more later:

Vintage Clouds @ 33s & 25s
    Pairofbrowneyes @ 33s & 40s
    A Toi Phil @ 100/1
    Yala Enki @ 66/1

Thoughts on Noble endeavor Nulty? Lovely aul prep in Ultima and also in the Becher Chase few months back.

Very good horse with a bit of class I think, will need a bit of rain on the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Always love GN trends... this year will be no different :) Will pick a few out later in the week

https://www.grandnational.org.uk/grand-national-trends.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

What's likely to be top weight here?
    Are Bristol De Mai & Anibale Fly intended runners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

yaboya1 wrote: »
    What's likely to be top weight here?
    Are Bristol De Mai & Anibale Fly intended runners?

Anibale Fly runs if all is well after GC. No update on BDM yet.

Go Conquer looks a big price at 33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Ill risk a few quid on Ultragold at 66/1 as he loves the fences, not sure how far he stays though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Humm Tiger Roll goes for it afterall ...

• Advertisement

What was the last horse to win back to back Grand Nationals? Red Rum in the 70s?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Superb horse but won’t win it again plus his price is crazy.

Thoughts on Noble endeavor Nulty? Lovely aul prep in Ultima and also in the Becher Chase few months back.

Very good horse with a bit of class I think, will need a bit of rain on the day

He's had two years off, it's rare that a horse can come back and still have the love for the game as before after that break. You'd like to see him run a bit better at Cheltenham than weakening. He's been backed today I see, 50s still available with 5 places at Bet365.

He would have a decent chance but there's obviously others I prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Four that jumped off the page for me

Ms parfois 25/1
    Walk in the Mill 25/1
    Tea for Two 66/1
    Blacklion 40/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

handsfree2 wrote: »

Ms parfois 25/1
    Walk in the Mill 25/1
    Tea for Two 66/1
    Blacklion 40/1

Ms Parfois slogged her guts out on Saturday off a big enough weight to be 2nd in the Midlands National. Highly doubtful she runs and if she does, it definitely wasn't the prep you'd want three weeks out.

• Advertisement

Liking two of them myself - TeaforTwo & Blaklion

yaboya1 wrote: »
    handsfree2 wrote: »

Ms parfois 25/1
    Walk in the Mill 25/1
    Tea for Two 66/1
    Blacklion 40/1

Ms Parfois slogged her guts out on Saturday off a big enough weight to be 2nd in the Midlands National. Highly doubtful she runs and if she does, it definitely wasn't the prep you'd want three weeks out.
    She's set to run

Bryony Frost out of the National meeting. ITV will be in mourning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Thank jaysus. Dont think I could handle the fawning if she won it

Anyone else be amazed if NTD runs BDM in the national???
    Why risk a young, improving, top class 3 mile chaser in the national??????
    I get PN giving the likes of Silvinaco Conti etc a go at the end of their career, but putting a class, improving, young animal into that race, seems madness to me???

Anyone else be amazed if NTD runs BDM in the national???
    Why risk a young, improving, top class 3 mile chaser in the national??????
    I get PN giving the likes of Silvinaco Conti etc a go at the end of their career, but putting a class, improving, young animal into that race, seems madness to me???

He is probably more likely to run in the 3 mile grade 1 earlier in the week. However, he has Go Conquer and Ballyoptic still in the race at under 11st. That being the case he could well opt to keep him in to keep their weight down.

Given how well he ran in the Gold Cup I can't see how the owners would want to skip the grade 1, he was placed in it last year. We won't conclusively know until the final decs for the grade 1 are made.

But I would say as a gambling man there is a good chance he is pulled. A better chance than Mall Dini winning it anyway :D:D:p:p

He is probably more likely to run in the 3 mile grade 1 earlier in the week. However, he has Go Conquer and Ballyoptic still in the race at under 11st. That being the case he could well opt to keep him in to keep their weight down.

Given how well he ran in the Gold Cup I can't see how the owners would want to skip the grade 1, he was placed in it last year. We won't conclusively know until the final decs for the grade 1 are made.

But I would say as a gambling man there is a good chance he is pulled. A better chance than Mall Dini winning it anyway :D:D:p:p

My thoughts exactly!!
    Think Mall Dini is 3rd reserve so the more out the better!
    Backed it at 20/1 last week

My thoughts exactly!!
    Think Mall Dini is 3rd reserve so the more out the better!
    Backed it at 20/1 last week

No dude, he gets in now. See link. No 33. Your bet is good if he runs.

https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Aintree_Sat_6th_Apr_2019_5_15&prc=100&prd=201904061715

In fairness he is entitled to take his chance. He was placed in the last two Kim Muirs', I have seen worse horses line up.

No dude, he gets in now. See link. No 33. Your bet is good if he runs.

https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Aintree_Sat_6th_Apr_2019_5_15&prc=100&prd=201904061715

In fairness he is entitled to take his chance. He was placed in the last two Kim Muirs', I have seen worse horses line up.

Huge chance
    Great lepper
    wants the trip

Far inferior horses have won the national, maiden or not!

Lads saying it cant win cos it came second in a TWO MILE race last week make me split :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Don poli anyone? Had a spin in the becher last year and surely the national is the trip for him too slow to go any other pace especially if the rain comes it'll bring them back to him always thought he looked a national horse 80/1 on 365 seems worth a punt

• Advertisement
Advertisement