Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Santa Strike Force - LoL vs Dota Charity Match

• 14-12-2015 4:31pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

As part of DeVores amazing legacy, we're going to try out a charity LoL vs Dota 2 match next week.

Game 1: Team LoL vs Team Dota 2 in a LoL game
    Game 2: Team LoL vs Team Dota 2 in a Dota 2 game.

We need 10 players available next week. Lets aim for a week from now, Monday at 8pm, unless we can get 10 players to organize a better timeframe.

The game will be streamed via Boards.ie's twitch patch.

Please post your Steam/LoL username if you're interested in playing.

Now for the juicy bit!

Santa Strike Force:
    WHAT DO WE DO?
    We collect money from online donations of boardsies and I contact children's charities around Xmas and find out what "quality of life improving" items they would ask for from Santa! In the past we've bought everything as diverse as rocking chairs to Xboxes, go karts to kitchen tables.

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
    You donate money. I use it to buy these things. No one gets paid. 100% of your money will go to making life a bit better for these kids.
    Think of it as, you giving them a treat for xmas. I just middleman the whole operation and take the hassle out of it for you. (I still need your donation mind you!).

I'VE ONLY A FIVER!
    I've seen abused kids make a counselling breakthrough with 2 euros worth of finger paints. For 70 euro a kid can have a new 3D printed limb. When you strip away the overheads and costs of admin etc, you would be surprised how far your fiver can go.

I KNOW A KIDS CHARITY THAT COULD USE SOMETHING LIKE THIS
    Great, PM DeVore and lets see if we can work something out!

PLEASE DONATE!! Please encourage others to donate. Spread the word on all the medias of socialness!

On Boards you can use the tag [.SSF]write anything here[./SSF] (but without the "."s) and you will add our little icon! Stick it in your sig or in any post you want to!
    ssf-x-click.gif

Every single penny donated goes into the projects for kids charities! A few quid can make a world of a difference!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pRO_MiKe

This seems like a lot of fun, I'd love to be a part of it.

Steam: pRO_MiKe (can't post URL because I'm a "new user")

LoL: I have to remember it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Old member Jazzy has also volunteered for this. Need another 7. Spread the word and don't forget, its all for a good cause so feel free to donate :)

EDIT: Think I already have you on steam so we can talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MidBoss

Hey man, I'd happily be interested in doing this.
    Steam: MidBoss (You have me on your friend list I believe!)
    LoL: ExTenshi

• Registered Users Posts: 14 markedone

Hey man, I'm down!
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/scyscy/
    LoL: zaersx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All added. Can we get some dedicated LoL players in? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement