Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LCS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Holo holo holo holo

Goddam LOVE Huni

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Gangplank and Yi in LCS wtf is this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Gangplank and Yi in LCS wtf is this

Sorry but I don't care what the meta is like, picking Yi in an LCS game is ff20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't care what the meta is like, picking Yi in an LCS game is ff20.

FF at 20 for the team picking or what? Because faker played it and wrecked face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

UoL guaranteed 4th place at least with a lucky win over Giants. It ended in a crazy base race that Giants didnt need to do and somehow Unicorns won it against the odds. Not convinced by their new jungler yet but they have still pulled off some good results so credit to them.

Fnatic continue their dominance with a convincing win over SK Gaming. Yellowstar playing Trundle support! 1 game away from a perfect season with only UoL standing in their way.

Origen and H2K play a very close game with Origen coming out on top but the lead swung many times in the course of the game. Origen now establising themselves as the second best team in Europe and securing a semi final place. Really hope they manage to go to worlds. Soaz coming out recently with some big performances but Amazing not looking great.

• Advertisement

TIP vs TL last night was fantastic to watch. Really highly recommend it :P

Fnatic looking so so good! Demolished UoL 3-0. Origen also looking good after taking apart H2K 3-1. Should be an interesting final but expect Fnatic to win 3-1 or 3-0.

I have been watching a lof of Korean, Chinese and NA league recently and I really think Fnatic are on par with the top teams from those regions. Their pick and ban phase is just so strong and they seem to prepare really well. Potentially they look better than they are because the level of competition is lower in EU in comparison to China/Korea but I expect them to go far at worlds.

EDG surprisingly lose two best of five on the bounce and finish 4th in China! Bad time to tilt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Steeelback Fnatic brought SKT to 5 games during MSI. I saw Jatt doing some statistics comparison of Steeelback and Rekkles and Rekkles is a better ADC in EVERY facet of the game. This is the biggest chance a western team ever had of winning worlds and i really do feel its possible

Steeelback Fnatic brought SKT to 5 games during MSI. I saw Jatt doing some statistics comparison of Steeelback and Rekkles and Rekkles is a better ADC in EVERY facet of the game. This is the biggest chance a western team ever had of winning worlds and i really do feel its possible

Since they won it in season one :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Are any of you going to go to the Quarters in London ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Are any of you going to go to the Quarters in London ?

I have tickets for the first night and the Sunday night. First night I have front row seats and Sunday I have the crappy seats. Not sure if I'm going yet though as its the missus birthday so may need to do something else. If I'm not going I can let people on here have the tickets at cost if they want them.

So Origen put up a great showing in the final vs Fnatic. I think if Origen had managed to hold on a little longer they could have won the final game. Fantastic flank by Yellowstar with Tibbers over the wall to win the final fight. I think Origen made a mistake by picking Azir... Peke just didnt perform on it.

Really hope Origen make it through the playoffs now and secure the 3rd place at worlds as they have proved themselves as comfortably the second best team in Europe. Giving Fnatic a run for their money also means they could quite possibly perform well on the world stage as Fnatic are currently ranked 4 in the world. It will be tough for them with a 3rd place seeding though. Soaz's GP was also a joy to watch... he needs to be on carry champs! With Soaz on a tank Origen are very predictable because Xpeke plays very safe from mid and doesnt play to carry any more. That puts everything on Niels in the bot lane so shut him down and you shut Origen down.

Also CLG look great and destroy TSM! Really pleased as I think they are a far better team in comparison to TSM. Zionspartan played an amazing series and he is another player who adds another dimension to their team when on a carry. Xsmithie isnt a great jungler so stick him on a tank like Gragas or Ekko and put Aphromoo on a tank like Braum or Alistair and then you have a great triple threat from that team. Zions Yasou was awesome to watch and Pobelter is so good on Viktor.

All in all its shaping up to be a great worlds. Not sure whats going on in China though.. Are EDG out now?

I'm glad CLG stomped TSM. I like all their players. TSMs strategy of Bjergsen carrying didn't work this time round :P

I can see Wildturtle and Santorin leaving

Origen actually fcuked up in the last game, Soaz had a free inhib, but TP'd in for a fight that didn't happen around baron. Take the inhib, then baron.

Bjergsen and Lustboy are the only two top tier players on that team. Dyrus has such a limited champion pool... he literally can only play tanks top and Wild Turtle has been hot and cold for a while now. Santorin is an ok jungler but there are far better out there (Move, Rush etc). I think they will be badly shown up at worlds and there will be a clear out after.

Origen actually fcuked up in the last game, Soaz had a free inhib, but TP'd in for a fight that didn't happen around baron. Take the inhib, then baron.

At the time, Soaz hadn't even gotten the tower so he had to get in in time to not leave his team engaging with 4.

n1ck wrote: »
    At the time, Soaz hadn't even gotten the tower so he had to get in in time to not leave his team engaging with 4.

AD Fizz with trinity force, would've melted it :P

Also, I can't stand Krepos casting. Spends too much time talking and nitpicks everything. Keeps blabbing on about teams mistakes too. He is new enough and maybe with experience he'll get better.

Also, I can't stand Krepos casting. Spends too much time talking and nitpicks everything. Keeps blabbing on about teams mistakes too. He is new enough and maybe with experience he'll get better.

Really? I think he is by far the best analyst, his understanding of the game is far superior to most and he is clear and understandable. His love of Braum is a bit annoying though! The guy never shuts up about him!

The Korean Final is on tomorrow SKT vs KT, only 40 mins away from me.
    I'd love to go to the studio and watch the game...but she already made plans for us :(:(

Didn't realise the day was so close

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

That's what I love about Krepo. He brings in another level of depth to the casting desk.
    Playboy wrote: »
    Really? I think he is by far the best analyst, his understanding of the game is far superior to most and he is clear and understandable. His love of Braum is a bit annoying though! The guy never shuts up about him!

In fairness, Braum is pretty much the ultimate support. Krepo loves Braum as much as Deficio love Denmark :D

• Advertisement

I must be thinking of his GP game because the exact same thing happened, he was on the tower just about to get it and he TP'd to baron.

LCK finals disappointing. Some 3-0s are good (NA) some not so.

LCK finals disappointing. Some 3-0s are good (NA) some not so.

SKT just seem completely rampant atm.
    Faker playing Riven mid hahah, and his Diana going 10-1.

I can't see them being stopped at Worlds

SeantheMan wrote: »
    SKT just seem completely rampant atm.
    Faker playing Riven mid hahah, and his Diana going 10-1.

I can't see them being stopped at Worlds

Faker played Diana mid? :mad: Ill never be able to play my waifu again with it being banned, thanks Korea!

Faker played Diana mid? :mad: Ill never be able to play my waifu again with it being banned, thanks Korea!

So Origen going to worlds! Struggled against Roccat who have improved a lot and played pick and bans very well. Won that 3-2. Next up was a lackluster UoL who fell 0-3 to Origen. Whilst I would have liked UoL to go to worlds I think the 3 teams going are the best teams in Europe. UoL has lost something since Kickis left and that combined with poor shot calling and outdated champion pools means that they have a lot of work to do to get ready for next season. Maybe the juggernaut patch will suit them!

Cloud 9 had an amazing fairy-tale in the US with 3 wins on the bounce against all the odds. Reverse sweeps of both Gravity and Team Impulse followed by a convincing 3-1 victory of Team Liquid. We saw Amumu twice, Kha'Zix and Devourer Shyvana in the jungle from Hai and we saw Draven twice from Sneaky. Incarnation had a good gauntlet, perfroming well on Diana,Yasuo, Viktor and Azir.

So from Europe we have Fnatic, H2K and Origen. Its just a pity that Origen is going as 3rd seed instead of second. From the US we have CLG, TSM and Cloud 9. China and Korea still need to resolve their other worlds spots with only SKT and LGD confirmed to go so far.

That wasn't the Juggernaut patch they played on? :eek: I know generally they are 1 patch behind what is on the live servers but it feels like Juggernaut came out ages ago, specially since the Project patch is out tomorrow.

Man, Juggernaut for Worlds! Will we be seeing a Garen played in Worlds? :eek:

Seems like only 1 team goes through from the Taiwan league and that's the Flash Wolves. Seems to be two Wildcards this time since there is a Latin America league and "Rest of the world" league. Bangkok Titans are through and the LA final has yet to be played. Unless these two play each other for the Wildcard spot? So hard to find the information outside of the 4 main regions

That wasn't the Juggernaut patch they played on? :eek: I know generally they are 1 patch behind what is on the live servers but it feels like Juggernaut came out ages ago, specially since the Project patch is out tomorrow.

Man, Juggernaut for Worlds! Will we be seeing a Garen played in Worlds? :eek:

They are on 5.14 at the moment but yes Juggernaut should be in for worlds! It needs it to be honest as it will mean new champs and strategies!

Seems like only 1 team goes through from the Taiwan league and that's the Flash Wolves.

AHQ are in there as well.

• Advertisement

World Championship group draw:

Group A: CLG, Flash Wolves, KOO Tigers, Pain Gaming

Group B: FNC, AHQ, Invictus, C9

Group C: SKT, H2K, EDG, Bangkok Titans

Group D: LGD, KT, TSM, Origen

Advertisement