Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

• 06-12-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody playing this? Think a general thread for team making, strategy discussion and general chatter may be useful if there are a few players on here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Popular thread :D
    I'm playing it and loving the new patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Would've thought this game would be more popular alright. Haven't played the new patch as I'm snowed under with college work. Trundle is free now isn't he?

The game is popular but this strategy forum is viewed by no one and most people seem to discuss strategy games on dedicated sites/forums.

Trundle is free, haven't tried him yet though.
    Will probably give him a whirl in a bot game tonight and if I like him I might take him into ranked.

Who would you say your mains are?

Ashe, Warwick and Karthus would be my strongest. Have nice W:L on Morgana too but not as many games.
    Trouble with ranked is that if you want to win you have to pick what the team needs so I end up playing roles I don't particularly enjoy i.e. tank and support. Usually results in a win though.

How about you?

• Advertisement

Poppy, Singed, Amumu, Fiddlesticks. Been learning Taric (sort of dull but overpowers my team when I go full auras) and Malphite (pretty good but easy to mess up his ulti).

I'd say I'm pretty good with my main 4, gotten a pentakill with Poppy in ranked, Singed is just too much fun but I don't want to be a main tank with him, I use flat movement speed quints and build him half tank half ap. Fidd I stopped playing for a while but level 1 drain must be the most op level 1 skill. Been laning with a Garen I know and we almost always manage first blood :D

I want to learn Shen because whenever I get out tanked it's by him. Udyr looks interesting too but I don't really know how to jungle too well.

What's your summoner name?
    Mine's Fastpaws.

m00c0w

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Gotten sick of it after the current nerfs and Riots refusal to release a new tank while they keep on putting in crap mages.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Gotten sick of it after the current nerfs and Riots refusal to release a new tank while they keep on putting in crap mages.
    They were all nerfs that needed to happen. The whole locket/visage/tanky dps was broken as hell.

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    They were all nerfs that needed to happen. The whole locket/visage/tanky dps was broken as hell.

Don't think so imo.

I know it is Riot's intention to remove the fact that you can build effective characters with HP when they really shouldn't have that high HP eg all of the support Chars. They seemed to say we don't like the fact that you can win a game without having one dedicated tank on your team however they then decided hey let's nerf the best armour tank in game which was Malphite. At the moment there is a serious lack in depth of tanks in game.

I know it is Riot's intention to remove the fact that you can build effective characters with HP when they really shouldn't have that high HP eg all of the support Chars. They seemed to say we don't like the fact that you can win a game without having one dedicated tank on your team however they then decided hey let's nerf the best armour tank in game which was Malphite. At the moment there is a serious lack in depth of tanks in game.

The removal of locket was not because of support characters it was because it was broken on tank(y) champions such as Gragas and Udyr.

The purpose of the patch was not related to HP stacking as you say but to toning down tanky dps such as the two mentioned above and Olaf, Garen, etc.

Malphite's nerfs didn't affect his ability to tank at all. He was and still is throwing out too much damage for a tank. When you hit six, if you're soloing top and your opponent isn't full hp; ult, e, q and ignite is a guaranteed kill. And he is very hard to harass due to his shield.

Malphite, Rammus, Amumu, Shen and Cho all provide completely different tanking experiences and they're the only ones that come to mind now. So I'm not really seeing your point on that.

Blitzcrank is super fun. Rocking teleport and exhaust and instigating so many first bloods. Rarely get the kill though cos always laning with a dps :(

Not sure how to build him really though. Tried a few different items but I find I always get tankier as the game goes on. Tried Mananune and I find that makes his passive stronger, also tried trinity force and lich bane, both of which were good also. Enjoying him though and the rage when someone unwittingly dodges a grab. Don't know if he's suited for a sole tank role though.

Warwick has now moved up to my most played rank champ and with a W:L much higher than the five champs below (40:20 :P)
    My only theory is that having a good jungler is more important than having someone good in lane. Or else it's just luck :D

Warwick has now moved up to my most played rank champ and with a W:L much higher than the five champs below (40:20 :P)
    My only theory is that having a good jungler is more important than having someone good in lane. Or else it's just luck :D

I'd agree that a jungler contributes a whole lot to a team, and WW ganks are f*cking enraging. I always ward the river when I see a Warwick with smite though and make a point to kill his ass whenever he goes for our golem. Never really done the jungling thing despite playing Amumu and Fidd, I should probably learn. I've never played as Warwick mainly because I hated him so much when I first started playing. Really interested in trying out Udyr though.

I really want Trynda's ult nerfed. He's just such a faceroller. I make a special point to ignite him 3 secs into his Endless bullsh*t but whether I survive or not is the case.

Kold wrote: »
    I'd agree that a jungler contributes a whole lot to a team, and WW ganks are f*cking enraging. I always ward the river when I see a Warwick with smite though and make a point to kill his ass whenever he goes for our golem. Never really done the jungling thing despite playing Amumu and Fidd, I should probably learn. I've never played as Warwick mainly because I hated him so much when I first started playing. Really interested in trying out Udyr though.

I really want Trynda's ult nerfed. He's just such a faceroller. I make a special point to ignite him 3 secs into his Endless bullsh*t but whether I survive or not is the case.
    Udyr is a little weak since the locket removal but he's supposed to be getting some love next patch. I like the idea of his skills (reminded me of stance dancing in WoW) but I find him pretty boring to play.

As for trynda try grabbing exhaust instead and telling your team to take it. Stick that on him when he's doing his thing and you can just ignore him.

I love how they've a dedicated page on the site for server status that never has any info when the server is f*cked. How does pvp chat bugger up EVERY week?

The worst was character rotations suddenly updating straight after a game in which i was faced with a unable to choose champion because you don't own him message on my smurf account. Need to save up for my face roll jax:p

Guessing your all on the EU servers?

Bit of a joke now; matchmaking down again.

Yeah EU for me.

• Advertisement

Alistar really is invincible. But it sucks if your team are sh*t because you can't carry sh*t.

Alistar really is invincible. But it sucks if your team are sh*t because you can't carry sh*t.

Still think he is a rubbish tank because you can simply ignore him from mid game on without any repercussions. I'd be more worried about a team with a good Shen, Malphite or Rammus.

Looks interesting. Doesn't say how many traps she can lay but I'm guessing about 2 or 3. The recoil from the net seems more of a downside to me even though Phreak shows how it can be used as an escape. May have enough ip on my smurf account.

Edit: Looks like 2 in the vid.

What's the point of a smurf account? What are you up to that you can't do on your main in practice and normal games :p Is it not a waste of IP playing games on a smurf?

Haven't had a chance to watch the mf2 vid or read the patch notes yet.

What's the point of a smurf account? What are you up to that you can't do on your main in practice and normal games :p Is it not a waste of IP playing games on a smurf?

Haven't had a chance to watch the mf2 vid or read the patch notes yet.

None really it's just a cheap way of playing against lesser players where your not so reliant on the rest of your team.

None really it's just a cheap way of playing against lesser players where your not so reliant on the rest of your team.

Yeah it started off as a way for me to try out completely new champs to me without having to worry about tryhards ripping me a new one. Practice games rarely offer anything of any value due to leavers/idiots. I just play around on it now using only free champs.

Yeah it started off as a way for me to try out completely new champs to me without having to worry about tryhards ripping me a new one. Practice games rarely offer anything of any value due to leavers/idiots. I just play around on it now using only free champs.

Yup. Your average game last 25 minutes and now that a few of my mates have stopped playing i don't really want to waste my time trying to depend on randoms when a high percentage are just brain dead.

Patch seems a little bleh. Only interesting things, imo, are the zhonya's split and the fact I probably can't do dragon at 4 with ww now.

No more baron with Nasus at level 14 now =(

• Advertisement

Been playing AP Gragas the last few days. Great fun. Also been loving stealing blue buff from enemy junglers at the start of the game and often killing them in the process. Gragas and some wards makes for some hilarious stealing. He's fantastic solo too.

Came across an AD Malphite the other day and I want to give it a try.

Advertisement