Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Maybefkyer wrote: »
    Hi all just got an email saying I was unsuccessful!!!
    Best of luck to you all !!!
    Maybe our paths will cross again !!

I got one too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bunty90

Maybefkyer wrote: »
    Hi all just got an email saying I was unsuccessful!!!
    Best of luck to you all !!!
    Maybe our paths will cross again !!

Got it too 😔 I wonder was anyone successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Me too, same happened two years ago, long wait for a no, nit inclined to try again , I'm 55 that's it for me , oh well best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

Hi All

I got one too, I will never apply again. They were so unprofessional with their response keeping people waiting this long.
    Emirates cabin crew recruitment is coming up soon I believe, my niece works for them and their recruitment process is far more superior than AL. They should take a few notes from their book!!!
    Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

I got one too! From a No reply email! It’s shocking !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Janie30

I got a UM aswel. I thought the interview went really good so I don't be understand it at all..I had the experience, I worked for Emirates for 4 years. I think they didn't need as many crew afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Janie30 wrote: »
    I got a UM aswel. I thought the interview went really good so I don't be understand it at all..I had the experience, I worked for Emirates for 4 years. I think they didn't need as many crew afterall

I think everyone who did the interview got a refusal email expect those who start training on May 14th. May is the latest date for their training and after the delay of the new aircrafts it lead to us all getting refused. The aircrafts that Aer Lingus were supposed to receive were given to Iberia instead by IAG.
    So bad from such a big airline who left us waiting for almost three months to find out that we were unsuccessful. The least they could’ve done was put us on a panel as a result of a fault on their behalf and not ours.

popers98 wrote: »
    I think everyone who did the interview got a refusal email expect those who start training on May 14th. May is the latest date for their training and after the delay of the new aircrafts it lead to us all getting refused. The aircrafts that Aer Lingus were supposed to receive were given to Iberia instead by IAG.
    So bad from such a big airline who left us waiting for almost three months to find out that we were unsuccessful. The least they could’ve done was put us on a panel as a result of a fault on their behalf and not ours.

I said to them I couldn't start till May.. because I just relocated from Dubai resigned from Emirates. Yess 3 months isn't good very long to receive a UM..my friend who didn't actually attend the interview in the end also received one strange. I do think it's to do with the delay of aircrafts and different things

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Janie30 wrote: »
    I said to them I couldn't start till May.. because I just relocated from Dubai resigned from Emirates. Yess 3 months isn't good very long to receive a UM..my friend who didn't actually attend the interview in the end also received one strange. I do think it's to do with the delay of aircrafts and different things
    I think you’re right, don’t lose hope, check out other carriers in Dublin and they will be recruiting again when they start getting their aircraft delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Just to be clear delays are due to the A321 deliveries

The EI order for A359's has been reassigned for years at this stage.

The 4 A330's received in 2017/8 were assigned to Iberia originally

• Advertisement

Yess let's just stay positive I'm trying to becoz literally for now I'd no other plan B. That's a shame with all the delays but who knows hopefully they open it again in November

Also with the whole brexit thing we don't know how that affected aviation for now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

carrie b wrote: »
    Hi All

I got one too, I will never apply again. They were so unprofessional with their response keeping people waiting this long.
    Emirates cabin crew recruitment is coming up soon I believe, my niece works for them and their recruitment process is far more superior than AL. They should take a few notes from their book!!!
    Best of luck all

I went to an emirates recruitment day not too long ago and to be honest I wouldnt go again!
    I feel the open day was purely just based on a certain look and because of that,
    if unsuccessful some people take it as more of a personal slap in the face compared to other interviews where you're based on personality as well as competency etc.

Advertisement