Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a scope

Options
  • 10-04-2019 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm sending my Nightforce in for a refurb. Any advice on how to package up my scope for postink to Gowen and Bradshaw? Would a shoebox and lots of scrunched up brown paper be sufficient?

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Bubblewrap is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

A shoebox is not strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

freddieot wrote: »
    A shoebox is not strong enough.

I have my Vortex Viper scope box. I'll probably use that. I think the corrugated cardboard shoeboxes are sufficient though.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭freddieot

I've worked in the delivery industry for 39 years - a shoebox is not strong enough. However, you could be lucky, many people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Remember what the packaging was like when you bought it? Anything less is going to be a risk, especially given FED-UPS proclivity for seeing just how high packages can bounce,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

I sent my Leica RF binoculars away to Portugal recently to be serviced.
    I put them in their original box and wrapped the box in bubble wrap then put them into another cardboard box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

tac foley wrote: »
    Remember what the packaging was like when you bought it? Anything less is going to be a risk, especially given FED-UPS proclivity for seeing just how high packages can bounce,

Unfortunately, I got it out of an RFDs drawer without any box. I'll bubble wrap the crap out of it though.

Advertisement