Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Automation tablet dashboard (android)

• 05-04-2019 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Has anyone created a dashboard in an android tablet to have all their stuff displayed in an organized manner? I am looking at possibly using actiontiles but any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

https://appdaemon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/DASHBOARD_INSTALL.html

Works with home assistant, maybe others, I looked at it, but in the end i found i dont often use the web interface, we control most things now via automations or voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

AstraMonti wrote:
    Has anyone created a dashboard in an android tablet to have all their stuff displayed in an organized manner? I am looking at possibly using actiontiles but any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Is the new Google assistant screen too basic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I've been using Actiontiles for a while and find it very useful. Have an old ten inch tablet attached to my kitchen wall running Actiontiles in the Fully browser. Uses the tablets camera as a motion sensor to turn on the screen when needed.
    In case you were not aware it is specific to Samsung Smartthings so unless you use that you would be out of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Stoner wrote: »
    Is the new Google assistant screen too basic ?

Yes unfortunately I can't make it the way I want.
    Ionised wrote: »
    I've been using Actiontiles for a while and find it very useful. Have an old ten inch tablet attached to my kitchen wall running Actiontiles in the Fully browser. Uses the tablets camera as a motion sensor to turn on the screen when needed.
    In case you were not aware it is specific to Samsung Smartthings so unless you use that you would be out of luck.

Yes, that's the downside, I ll have to reroute everything through Smartthings, I am still looking for alternatives.

The appdeamon looks feasible, I am trying to see if I can run it on my nas.

Advertisement