Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Man tent- recomendations.

Options
  • 24-07-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum - please move if you must.

I'm looking at buying a Vango Langley 600xl tent.

Opinions ? or another suggestion ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

In the past had the Vango Icarus 600 tent + Enclosed Canopy + Tent Footprint. Fine, fine tent for 2+2.

The Vango Langley looks like a fine tent too. Have you looked at the Vango airbeam inflatable tents? Saw one being assembled the other week and it looked very easy! Might be expensive mind.

Word of advice - look at buying your tent from the UK. For me, even with the exchange rate and shipping it still worked out alot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    In the past had the Vango Icarus 600 tent + Enclosed Canopy + Tent Footprint. Fine, fine tent for 2+2.

The Vango Langley looks like a fine tent too. Have you looked at the Vango airbeam inflatable tents? Saw one being assembled the other week and it looked very easy! Might be expensive mind.

Word of advice - look at buying your tent from the UK. For me, even with the exchange rate and shipping it still worked out alot cheaper.

I pulled the trigger on the Langley 600xl.
    I saw it on ebay on the summits.co.uk store. I enquired about postage to Ireland, as they are based in Scotland.
    I got a reply that told me delivery cost £10, and 2-3 days for delivery. I was also told that if I bought it from their website I would get 10% discount.
    So I got the tent for £314.
    A good price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Super price - fair play! It's €499 with Charles Camping in Wicklow!

Happy camping!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

greenspurs wrote: »
    I pulled the trigger on the Langley 600xl.
    I saw it on ebay on the summits.co.uk store. I enquired about postage to Ireland, as they are based in Scotland.
    I got a reply that told me delivery cost £10, and 2-3 days for delivery. I was also told that if I bought it from their website I would get 10% discount.
    So I got the tent for £314.
    A good price I think.

Hi Greenspurs - Am looking for a 6 man tent for the coming Summer - Would you recommend the Langley 600XL?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hi .
    Yes I would recommend the Langley.
    Fairly straightforward to erect, the only tricky bit are the 2 longer length poles, its hard to know which one goes where on the 'porch' (maybe it was just me)

Easy to take down also, and good quality bags for storing all the parts.
    Lots of room inside.
    Very happy with it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement