Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FOR SALE: Colnago Master 1st Gen 1988 or 1989 "Team Malvor" colours

• 10-04-2019 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

I need to make space in the shed and reluctantly I'm selling my Colnago Master.
    It is a Master 1st Gen, should be a 1988 or 1989 in "Team Malvor" colours rebuilt with a Campagnolo Athena Carbon 11sp (52/36) and a set of Zonda.
    She's a beauty and I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing...
    Anyway, I'm thinking 750 euro as a price for the forum.
    Not in sales anywhere else for now.

Thank you

EDIT: Size is 535x535 mm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Offer preliminary asking - subject to viewing and sizing - what size is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

fat bloke wrote: »
    Offer preliminary asking - subject to viewing and sizing - what size is it?

53cm

Also, I'm presuming it's mechanically functional, that you're near Dublin for viewing / collection, and that it's a steel frame?

(I'm no classic Colnago expert!).

clod71 wrote: »
    53cm

Ah sh1t... :(

Is that a 53 top tube? It looks bigger!

Ok, well if it is a 53 then I have to reluctantly withdraw. I'm a 56. I already have a master olympic in a 54 which is too small for me. :(

• Advertisement

Ok, well if it is a 53 then I have to reluctantly withdraw. I'm a 56. I already have a master olympic in a 54 which is too small for me. :(

It is a 53, maybe 53,5 but it would be definitely too small for you... Thanks for the offer anyway @fatbloke.

Also for the rest of the audience I'm in Cork and it is a steel frame (classic Columbus Gilco tubing).
    The frame is structurally sound and straight as a blade, stiff and very reactive, but it hasn't been restored so the paint carries the signs of time.
    Mechanically perfect, well lubed and as silent as a roe deer.

UP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

pics aren't working?
    not that i'm gonna buy it, but i wanna see it!

pics aren't working?
    not that i'm gonna buy it, but i wanna see it!

pictures uploaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

2nd gen. 1st gen was 83 to 85 roughly and had external cable routing along the top tube.

I think you are right about it being 87/88 too because it still has the raked fork instead of the straight through.

I have a couple of these of varying ages. Love this colour scheme and the Neo retro thing you have going on there.

Whats your height ? Length of stem.. and you are sure the top tube is 53cm ? Finally.. chrome work... everything else I can restore, but the chrome is just not worth doing on the lugwork if that is rusted.

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    2nd gen. 1st gen was 83 to 85 roughly and had external cable routing along the top tube.

I think you are right about it being 87/88 too because it still has the raked fork instead of the straight through.

I have a couple of these of varying ages. Love this colour scheme and the Neo retro thing you have going on there.

Whats your height ? Length of stem.. and you are sure the top tube is 53cm ? Finally.. chrome work... everything else I can restore, but the chrome is just not worth doing on the lugwork if that is rusted.

Thanks for your input Quigs, very appreciated and yes, I love the whole neo retro thing myself. It is actually what made me buy the frame in the first place... The project was always and only about that.
    I bought the frame in Italy. The rear spacing was already 130mm as the bike had already been built by the previous owner with a 10sp drivetrain, so I didn't have to do any cold setting...

I will take more pictures later and in particular a few pics of the lugs I will also measure the TT again.
    I don't think the bike has got a rust problem, but like I said I'll take a few close pics and I'll let you judge that yourself.
    The stem is a Fizik 100mm, 6 degrees. I am 5' 7" or 171 cm tall, just a tad bit more than a dwarf...

Thank you

• Advertisement

added a few other pics ... Looks like I can't add more than 5

and you are sure the top tube is 53cm ? Finally.. chrome work...

Quigs/fatbloke, you were right...

The Horizontal is 53,5cm CC
    The Vertical is also 53,5cm CT

Quigs/fatbloke, you were right...

The Horizontal is 53,5cm CC
    The Vertical is also 53,5cm CT

Borderline size for me then. Have an identical size in a mint mid 90's Master Olympic that I can't bring myself to sell on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I already have a master olympic in a 54 which is too small for me. :(

Interesting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Oh I'd really like this bike...

Not knowing a whole lot about sizing on these but using fatbloke as a yard stick if it doesn't fit him it'll not fit me. What size roughly would this frame size suit appreciate its a little finger in the air measuring but a guess 5'4 - 5'8

I am 171 cm (circa 5'7) and it fits me quite well with 20mm layback seatpost and a 100mm stem.
    My inside leg is 81 cm
    Cranks are 170 mm
    The bar is 42 cm
    70 cm from the center of the BB to the top of the saddle.

I guess it's too small for you @iwillhtfu ?

UP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I shouldn't be, but am interested in the frame as a project.
    Would be looking to build up with period components so not that pushed on what is one it (that said not criticising you at all, looks lovely as it is).
    If no one offers you a good price for the full bike I'd be interested in the frame....

RobFowl wrote: »
    Would be looking to build up with period components so not that pushed on what is one it (that said not criticising you at all, looks lovely as it is).
    If no one offers you a good price for the full bike I'd be interested in the frame....

Thanks for the offer Rob. I would prefer to sell it as it is, but disassembling and splitting might also work for me as I have a turbo bike with a 10sp groupset, which could do with an upgrade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Thanks for the offer Rob. I would prefer to sell it as it is, but disassembling and splitting might also work for me as I have a turbo bike with a 10sp groupset, which could do with an upgrade.

Keep with it , am sure it will sell complete but if not .......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if i win the lotto tonight, expect a call from me.
    you wait ages for a bike your size to show up, and then two come along in quick succession...

if i win the lotto tonight, expect a call from me.
    you wait ages for a bike your size to show up, and then two come along in quick succession...

If you want a steel classic these are the ones to go for !

oh, i know...

RobFowl wrote: »

If it did come to that rob, i would consider taking wheels, groupset and quill adapter off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That's very pretty.

If Rob was interested in the frame I could be interested in the groupset depending on price.

Edit: Sorry didn't see post above

That's very pretty.

If Rob was interested in the frame I could be interested in the groupset depending on price.

400 for the frameset
    Including a Campagnolo headset, an 80mm quill stem and a vintage bar (not sure if 25,4 or 26 mm clamp)

300 for the groupset
    (PT cups, carbon cranks, chainrings 52/36, FD, RD, cassette (12-27), chain, carbon shifters, Skeleton brakes)

I will keep the Zonda...
    Take it away before I change my mind please

If Quigs doesn't want the groupset I'll take it

Ok folks, I'm very sorry but after some considerations I think I will sell only the frameset and keep the Athena Carbon and the wheels for a Winter bike project in the months to come...

How does 400 euro sound for the frameset @RobFowl

Ok folks, I'm very sorry but after some considerations I think I will sell only the frameset and keep the Athena Carbon and the wheels for a Winter bike project in the months to come...

How does 400 euro sound for the frameset @RobFowl

My bank manager has passed on his thanks.

• Advertisement

If it did come to that rob, i would consider taking wheels, groupset and quill adapter off you.

If I manage to sell the frame, the quill adapter is yours Quigs...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement