Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New budget android phone

Options
  • 14-04-2021 3:57pm

I'm looking to buy a new android phone. My current phone is a 5 year old Moto G4 and I've had no problems with it. A few apps I use have stopped getting updates though (and don't work anymore) because the phone is old so I'm looking to buy a new one. I know nothing about phones though and don't like to spend too much :pac:

I only really use it for basic stuff Internet, email, whatsapp, online banking, youtube etc and just wondering what phone would be better. The main thing I suppose is what phone will last the longest with up to date updates and which one is faster.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 - E125
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GK1KKTL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Motorola Moto G9 Play - E158
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08FTCFGDS/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I've tried looking up reviews but i don't think I'm even looking at the right model half the time.

Or if there is a suggestion for another phone in the same price range.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Comments

I went with the Xiaomi (was worried it would go back up in price on Amazon). Hope it was the right decision :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I like the Motorola's but theres always some niggle on them. My Redmi was my first chinese phone and I've had 3yrs.

On the Note 9 a while, couple days battery life, nippy performance, no complaints.

Advertisement