Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Mini

Options
  • 12-04-2021 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

Hi folks my Google mini fell off the wall in kitchen wasn't plugged in at time into a bowl of cooking oil

Would u say it's fried or will I just let it dry out I know it's not water

Any ideas thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Mobiles, think its more suitable here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

faolteam wrote: »
    Would u say it's fried or will I just let it dry out I know it's not water

If the oil was hot (<150°C) at the time then it was probably fried.
    But it was was at a lower temp it would have been confit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Possible a fire trap now. Just bin it. You don’t want the oil starting a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

No fell into cold oil

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Without knowing how submerged in oil the mini was I'd be saying that considering you can get a refurbished mini for €14.95 I'd be cutting my losses and throwing it away, it'd be too much of a fire risk. Saying that, if you aren't planning on keeping it plugged in and will near it when it is in use you could be able to keep using it, personally I wouldn't like the idea of something that was in oil being left plugged in, even if the amount of power going to it is very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

faolteam wrote: »
    No fell into cold oil

If it shorts some of the electrics in the hub it could heat it.

Advertisement