Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S20+ 5G - European or Dubai International models

Options
  • 12-04-2021 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm just looking for a bit of advice about phone models.
    I'm planning on buying a Samsung S20+ 5G from one of the sellers on Adverts, and he has 2 colours available.
    One is a European model, and the other is a Dubai International model.

What would the differences be between these, and is there any negative points about either?
    The seller has said he doesn't think there's any difference, but I'm unsure.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

there is no other difference other than warranty I think. Also, just double check the prices as they're still quite expensive. You can get the S21+ for 700 now online. I still think 600-650 is too much for a device that heats up with basic use and doesn't have great battery life, from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

BatMaths wrote: »
    there is no other difference other than warranty I think. Also, just double check the prices as they're still quite expensive. You can get the S21+ for 700 now online. I still think 600-650 is too much for a device that heats up with basic use and doesn't have great battery life, from experience.

Thanks, I didn't realise there were issues with heating up, and battery life.
    It seems like 650 is the standard I can see online the S20+ on Adverts.

I'm not seeing the s21+ for 700 - could you point me in the right direction maybe?
    I can see it for 740 on eglobal, but I would prefer to buy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

BatMaths wrote: »

Son has one no issues so far, though battery isn't a world beater, excuse me he hasn't tbe 5G version, would that make a difference do you think?
    Just bought it for him at Xmas,hope it lasts as I get his old one's

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

Thanks, I didn't realise there were issues with heating up, and battery life.
    It seems like 650 is the standard I can see online the S20+ on Adverts.

I'm not seeing the s21+ for 700 - could you point me in the right direction maybe?
    I can see it for 740 on eglobal, but I would prefer to buy elsewhere.

If you look it up on T-dimension, pick the German/europe in the country section. It comes up as s21, but look at the model number, if its a g996 or whatever that's the s21+ for 700. They deliver by DHL, and sometimes they ask you to verify who you are after you've purchased which can take up to three days. Delivery took me about 2 weeks.

the s20+ is still a great phone, just not one that I'd recommend in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Thanks for all your help on this, both of you.
    That T-Dimension site has very good prices, think I'll probably buy from there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

terrible experience with t-dimension, be warned

they provided a DHL tracking number that never updated, waited over two weeks for movement that did not materialize

contacting support they blamed covid and french customs, even though DHL tracking showed no movement from HK

note also buying international models, they often use different bands for 4G and 5G meaning you might have issues using it in Europe, they might work fine but speeds lower if they dont have the right bands setup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

BArra wrote: »
    terrible experience with t-dimension, be warned

they provided a DHL tracking number that never updated, waited over two weeks for movement that did not materialize

contacting support they blamed covid and french customs, even though DHL tracking showed no movement from HK

note also buying international models, they often use different bands for 4G and 5G meaning you might have issues using it in Europe, they might work fine but speeds lower if they dont have the right bands setup

Similar to eglobal so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

yep, i used t dimension twice, first was fine but second time fiasco means ill never use them again, shocking.

also worth noting if you buy grey market phones...

- no warranty with manufacturer of the phone at all, youd be sending phone back to the seller in HK for them to assist which is not ideal and poses risk
    - 4g, 5g bands on international models may cause issues when using here in ireland/europe, they may well work but might not connect to all bands required meaning lower speed if that may be an annoyance to anyone
    - check trustpilot for the bad reviews for a flavour of their repeating phantom tracking numbers

i ended up buying from belsimpel in netherlands, delivered in less than 24hrs

Advertisement