Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player terrible picture quality using HDMI

Options
  • 12-04-2018 4:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I've had a Panasonic DVD recorder for a few years. I hadn't bothered with it for a while because of Netflix. I just decided to plug it in and try a HDMI cable I recently bought. The picture quality is absolutely terrible. It looks really pixelated and there are waves going across the screen. It looks like a worn out VHS tape.

I plugged in a scart lead to see how that looked it and it looks decent enough although the colours are pretty dull. Scart was good enough for me years ago but now I'm used to HDTV. I could certainly watch it but I'd prefer to use HDMI if I could.

Years ago I bought a HDMI cable from Tesco which didn't work too well either. I always thought it was the cable but now I'm fairly certain it's the DVD player. Is there anything I could do in the settings menu?

Here's some of what's in the setup menu. I have no clue what most of these even mean. Is there anything I could change here that might improve the picture in HDMI? Or is it more likely the HDMI port of the DVD recorder is faulty?

447974.jpg

447975.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can you try another HDMI input and then another HDMI cable, one from Dealz would be fine...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement