Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi 11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cotts72 wrote: »
    The mi11 ultra looks quality and a proper competitor to the s21. Like a few I've been one plus but definitely feel the Op8 and op9 aren't much of an upgrade on my op7.

Am I correct in saying the. Mi11 is Google friendly still and not part of the ban?

Mi have no problems with Google unless it's come up lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

What problems if any could I expect to see with buying Chinese handset flashed with global rom? Thinking about getting this. Says in their faq the flashed global rom still gets ota updates

You'll probably be fine as there's an official Global ROM. I managed to pick one up from a shop in Drumcondra yesterday (they're on adverts.ie). Grey 256gb, 8gb RAM brand new sealed in box EU version for €699. They're sold out now (told me they sold 10 yesterday!) but should have more in a few weeks. Everything working fine including android auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ks_2020

For anyone that does have the 11, what are your thoughts on the phone so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

Gagging to see will the networks pick up the Mi11 here,,they seem to prefer the more budget Xiaomi phones.

Would love to see the Oppo Find X3 pro stocked too.

That 11 ultra looks like a beast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That 11 ultra looks like a beast

It sure does, reviews are great so far. Really being deemed as a legit competitor to the s21 ultra, in some reviews it's topping it.

Wore out a couple of usb c ports on my previous phone (oneplus 5t) so keen to use wireless charging on mi 11 as much as possible. Picked up the official 55W wireless charger on Aliexpress and very pleased with it. It's got a very quiet fan - inaudible on my bedside locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭GIMP

Mi11 now available on Vodafone

It sure does, reviews are great so far. Really being deemed as a legit competitor to the s21 ultra, in some reviews it's topping it.

Problem with all mi phones ( I've had several) in comparison with IPhone is that you get F all on a trade in or private sale,
    I sold an IPhone lats year and fit my money back, despite being a few years old, despite this this baby is tantalizing(11 ultra)

S21 ultra is a beast with a better brand though,in the long run it's worth more than whatever mi turns up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

You're comparing apples and oranges. Samsung and Apple are in a continual race to outdo each other and have their fanboys who pay silly money for processing speeds and functionality that they will typically never use. Most people buy a phone every 2-3 years when they notice their battery is draining heavily and/or some function has been introduced that they require. In the past couple of years this has been NFC and arguably 5G. Thing is now any decent mid range phone has dual sim, NFC, 5G, Amoled screen, battery that will easily last a day (often more) and +128gb. Expecting to get a decent payback from trade ins when buying a phone for half the price (or more) of what Samsung or Apple is charging never comes into it as the phone would have paid for itself many times over.

sugarman wrote: »
    €799 for 128GB :eek:

Its currently on sale on Amazon Spain for €650.

Feckin big difference

S21 ultra is a beast with a better brand though,in the long run it's worth more than whatever mi turns up

Agreed all I've stated was that's its a legitimate competitor! I've had Samsung prev and was never wowed by it. Made the move to one plus and swore by it but they've remained stagnant since. Mi11 ultra is genuinely intriguing

Agreed all I've stated was that's its a legitimate competitor! I've had Samsung prev and was never wowed by it. Made the move to one plus and swore by it but they've remained stagnant since. Mi11 ultra is genuinely intriguing

ATM I've my son's one plus 7 pro , really good but if I don't change now I'll get F all in a trade in 6 months,was offered on adverts near e400 trade in against a S20 ultra ( e500 with mine),only a few will trade in on adverts.ie and all based in Dublin,cannot buy a phone in or near Cork city for anywhere near their Dublin prices,as for buying a 12 pro max even second hand Cork indeed Munster is a no no ,vv unrealistic prices for second hand device's

PS same with second hand cars ,I've travelled out if Cork for my last 4

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

sugarman wrote: »
    €799 for 128GB :eek:

Its currently on sale on Amazon Spain for €650.

The Vodafone one includes a free Mi Watch - worth €150, while stocks last. They probably won't have a huge amount of the watches & the price will stay the same once they're gone.
    Probably best off going for the Amazon one.

I'd pull the trigger myself on the Amazon one but we're in the process of drawing down & I can't risk a transaction of €650 showing up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I've never bought a Xiaomi before, can some of you more knowledgeable folks tell me if this is good value

https://www.ultraonlineeu.com/en_EU/xiaomi-mi-11-lite-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-boba-black-1.html

• Subscribers Posts: 41,093 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

jos28 wrote: »
    I've never bought a Xiaomi before, can some of you more knowledgeable folks tell me if this is good value

https://www.ultraonlineeu.com/en_EU/xiaomi-mi-11-lite-6gb-128gb-dual-sim-boba-black-1.html

For a little bit more the Poco F3 is a much better bang for buck phone

Reviews on Trustpilot aren't exactly stellar. They look like Hong Kong or Chinese based company so no manufacturers warranty. You'd be better off paying a bit more and buying from amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million, I'll avoid them so and check out the Poco F3 on Amazon.de. Cheers

Has anyone bit the bullet on the mi11 ultra? On the fence between that and the s21 ultra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Tony H

digitaldr wrote: »
    You'll probably be fine as there's an official Global ROM. I managed to pick one up from a shop in Drumcondra yesterday (they're on adverts.ie). Grey 256gb, 8gb RAM brand new sealed in box EU version for €699. They're sold out now (told me they sold 10 yesterday!) but should have more in a few weeks. Everything working fine including android auto.

was the fast charger included with that ?

Fast charger included but 2 pin plug. I picked up an on official wireless fast charger off Aliexpress - saves wear and tear on the charging port. Phone is going great, would have preferred blue but grey was all they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

After getting fed up with 24 month contracts or the price of a new iPhone that I get bored with after 12+ months, I decided to go for a Mi 11 from Amazon UK. The black 128Gb version was around £610 after paying import duty instead of vat. Came with a UK 3 pin fast charger which is handy. I should say selling off my old iphones to fund a new one isn't an option as I have teenagers lining up to use them!

I thought a lot about a Mi 11 Ultra, but they were a little too expensive and harder to find. The pro looked a great option but as far as I can tell there's no global version and I didn't want to get stuck with a Chinese one with no google. I'm sure it's possible to work around that but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

I am very impressed with the Mi 11 - lovely screen, fantastic quality phone. I have no issue with the in screen finger print reader which some reviews complain at, it's very quick and accurate. My only complaint is the battery - if you buy a phone with top end features like a big screen with 120Hz refresh, you want them turned on. Then it doesn't quite last a day for me. But given the speed of charging, it's no issue to plug it in for 5-10 mins which tops it up enough that I've never really had a problem in the day.

BigMoose wrote: »
    After getting fed up with 24 month contracts or the price of a new iPhone that I get bored with after 12+ months, I decided to go for a Mi 11 from Amazon UK. The black 128Gb version was around £610 after paying import duty instead of vat. Came with a UK 3 pin fast charger which is handy. I should say selling off my old iphones to fund a new one isn't an option as I have teenagers lining up to use them!

I thought a lot about a Mi 11 Ultra, but they were a little too expensive and harder to find. The pro looked a great option but as far as I can tell there's no global version and I didn't want to get stuck with a Chinese one with no google. I'm sure it's possible to work around that but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

I am very impressed with the Mi 11 - lovely screen, fantastic quality phone. I have no issue with the in screen finger print reader which some reviews complain at, it's very quick and accurate. My only complaint is the battery - if you buy a phone with top end features like a big screen with 120Hz refresh, you want them turned on. Then it doesn't quite last a day for me. But given the speed of charging, it's no issue to plug it in for 5-10 mins which tops it up enough that I've never really had a problem in the day.

Good review, on the fence about waiting for a release date for the ultra or just scouting from elsewhere. I wish xiaomi would just give some indication for a release date

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Has anyone that's bought the Mi 11 with an EU 2-pin plug, managed to buy a UK 3-pin plug? Received mine yesterday from gomibo.ie and as it's a Dutch retailer it obviously came with the 2-pin.

Obviously I can pick up the official wireless charger but I assume that arrives with a 2-pin EU plug.

P.S mine was €731 for 256GB Blue version. No delivery. Ordered on Saturday & it was delivered by UPS yesterday. Would recommend gomibo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Just had the £115 import duty for the Mi 11 refunded by Amazon UK! Also just had £38 import duty paid on a Mi 10T lite a few months ago for one of my sons refunded...

Advertisement