Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Smart WiFi hub AX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

alec76 wrote: »
    https://eir-store.ie/collections/connected-living/products/smartwifi?variant=39416964284606
    Could be interesting system , extremely cheap for WIFI 6 mesh .
    Netgear’s Orbi look alike , zero information about the specs though.
    Yes - looks very interesting.

Eir F3000 router is Sagemcom - and it looks like their WiFi hub is also from Sagemcom

https://support.sagemcom.com/fr/haut-debit

I can't find a full spec - but there is reasonable information on the Eir Support FAQ

https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/eir-Smart-WiFi-Hub/

Since this device is WiFi 6, it should use the WiFi 6 EasyMesh standard. Unlike previous Mesh technologies, this "should" allow mesh devices from different suppliers to inter-work, providing they also support WiFi 6 EasyMesh.

Looks like a good option for Eir customers looking to go mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

https://support.sagemcom.com/fr/haut-debit/fst-286-vodafone-super-wifi
    This one , I guess.
    No useful information though:
    - Size?
    - Weight ?
    - number of Ethernet ports? ( found it ,2 ports)
    - Dual or TriBand?
    - separate wireless Backhaul ?
    - does it support Ethernet Backhaul?
    - 2x2 MIMO or 4x4 ?

I wonder if it is true at all , I mean WIFI 6 ?
    F3000 not WiFi 6 capable device , could you mix WiFi5 and 6 satellites in Mesh wireless?
    Orbi RBK852 won’t let you connect old WiFi 5 satellites via wireless Backhaul, only through Ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

alec76 wrote: »
    I wonder if it is true at all , I mean WIFI 6 ?
    F3000 not WiFi 6 capable device , could you mix WiFi5 and 6 satellites in Mesh wireless?
    Orbi RBK852 won’t let you connect old WiFi 5 satellites via wireless Backhaul, only through Ethernet.
    Eir have advertised their Mesh solution as compatible with F3000, so it must be assumed that wireless backhaul works. There is no mention of a requirement for Ethernet backhaul, and this would defeat the purpose for many users. Wired backhaul is generally supported on Mesh devices, so it would be surprising if Eir don't support this. Eir's price is very competitive, so it is unlikely that the devices are tri-band. A full spec would be nice, and would clarify your queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

Eir website says
    Please note eir customers with an F2000 modem should upgrade to an F3000 modem. Alternatively they will need to purchase one additional Smart WiFi hub than the above recommendations.

How would one get that upgrade then?

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Eir website says

How would one get that upgrade then?

I would assume you pay for it or sign up to a new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

I would assume you pay for it or sign up to a new contract

Aha. Yes, brain must be full of chocolate. It's here.
    https://eir-store.ie/collections/connected-living/products/eir-f3000-fibre-box-black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Has anyone lost dual band wifi recently? My SSIDs merged and now I can’t see where to change the names. Seems to have been an update to the modem portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

My 2.4 and 5GHz home network SSIDs were merged on March 19th. (The 2 guest network SSIDs are still separate).

It says to disable bandsteering if I want separate SSIDs but I cannot find that option anywhere.

They also removed access to the utilities section as it no longer gives the option to look at logs.

No response from eir on it yet.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

My 2.4 and 5GHz home network SSIDs were merged on March 19th. (The 2 guest network SSIDs are still separate).

It says to disable bandsteering if I want separate SSIDs but I cannot find that option anywhere.

They also removed access to the utilities section as it no longer gives the option to look at logs.

No response from eir on it yet.:(

That is a feature now, no way to disable band steering see here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058172341

• Advertisement

added some user experience , Ethernet backhaul support

Post edited by alec76 on

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

When they say upgrade, they probably mean buy one, They sell them for €70. I was tempted to upgrade but I am currently waiting for Fibre to go live in my estate so no point in buying it now when I will get one when I get the upgrade to Fibre.

I bought the two pack of the extenders and am very happy. As it stands, I can't get full use out of them as i don't have the bandwidth with only 95 down and 20 up but when I get FTTH, i think it will be very good.

From the WiFi settings page in my phone, it says that the network speed is 866Mbps when i am in a good coverage spot in the house. If that is the real world speed that I will see in the future, or close to it, it would be amazing. Obviously complete overkill for a phone, but nice all the same.

Also, there is a code floating around boards here for €50 off of the price of two of these hubs, so two for €120 delivered is not bad at all! I can't remember the code and had a look and couldn't find it but I am sure somebody else can link to it.

Advertisement