Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email delivery issues from website

Options
  • 08-04-2021 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a client website (wordpress/woocommerce) hosted on blacknight. My client's email is hosted on Gmail and the DNS records on the blacknight host are configured to allow that server send emails on behalf of the domain.

On testing I noticed, sending emails from the site (order confirmation) to -

gmail - All good - delivered to inbox
    hotmail / outlook - ok - delivered to spam folder
    yahoo - total fail - mail not delivered at all

Here is what I got back from blacknight support -

It is likely that Hotmail/Outlook.com may have your domain - or our servers, on a Blacklist and can be a result of other recipients marking emails as junk (on that system) in the past.

The configuration is fine - there is no issue there.

The only alternative is to send directly via Gmail servers but you will still be subject to the same issues overall

I will say that Yahoo are far too strict on this process as a whole; we have had reports of the same.

It's not an ideal answer to be bringing back to my client that their customer may or may not be getting order confirmation emails.

The blacknight reply indicates that something like this is unlikely to make a difference -

WP Mail SMTP (the pro version) - https://wpmailsmtp.com/pricing-lite/

I have a yahoo mail account and never have an issue getting order confirmation emails so surely there has to be a work around.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

Advertisement