Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power bank delivery to Ireland

Options
  • 22-06-2019 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a RavPower power bank delivered to Ireland. Amazon won't deliver to the ROI or NI, I'm presuming because of the lithium batteries. Does anyone have a work around on this maybe?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Addresspal or Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aoifeisabelle

Parcel motel uses a Northern Irish address so that definitely won't work. I'm not too sure about Address Pal. I'm afraid if it's labelled 'lithium battery' or something that they won't deliver it!

I ordered a power bank from Amazon and had it delivered to Address Pal no problems at all.

Oh great. Was that recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

oddly, it's treads like this that raise awareness likely to result in getting this little known fact shut down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm looking to get a RavPower power bank delivered to Ireland. Amazon won't deliver to the ROI or NI, I'm presuming because of the lithium batteries. Does anyone have a work around on this maybe?

It's only Amazon UK causing the issue. I got a large power bank delivered to my door by Amazon Germany, I think it was. Try the different European Amazons definitely on of them delivered. Pretty sure it was Germany

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's only Amazon UK causing the issue. I got a large power bank delivered to my door by Amazon Germany, I think it was. Try the different European Amazons definitely on of them delivered. Pretty sure it was Germany

Just checked Germany. They deliver to the UK not Ireland or NI. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

mymemory uk deliver power banks to Ireland, the only problem is the delivery takes a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Komplett.ie are ok sending them to Ireland too. Got an Anker one off them a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Hi all,

Thanks!

my.memory.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Also, plenty available on AliExpress if you don't mind waiting a while for delivery.

€ 11,60 40%OFF | Baseus 10000mAh Power Bank Portable Charging Powerbank 10000 Slim Poverbank External Battery Pack Charger For Xiaomi Mi 9 iPhone
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bvdskXqY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Got one in through an post Amazon two years ago.
    Great bit of kit. I did get one that was twice as powerful as we use it when camping. Glad I risked it.
    Ravpower gets the thumbs up big time from my family

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Got one in through an post Amazon two years ago.
    Great bit of kit. I did get one that was twice as powerful as we use it when camping. Glad I risked it.
    Ravpower gets the thumbs up big time from my family

I really rate RavPower as well. Got one a good few years ago and it has served me well but its on its way out!

Oh great. Was that recently?

A couple of months ago, no problem at all.

RHJ wrote: »
    Also, plenty available on AliExpress if you don't mind waiting a while for delivery.

€ 11,60 40%OFF | Baseus 10000mAh Power Bank Portable Charging Powerbank 10000 Slim Poverbank External Battery Pack Charger For Xiaomi Mi 9 iPhone
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bvdskXqY

Not a while, more like weeks :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

I've been looking for some decent power banks on various Amazon sites, and none of them seem to deliver to ROI or NI! Is there a specific reason for this?

Are they liable to blow up if transported by plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

chewed wrote:
    Are they liable to blow up if transported by plane?

There is a risk yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

The same with An Post no posting of batteries to UK.
    What about Dpd and the others using ships and hauliers to deliver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement