Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decimal ponts constantly appearing on Windows 7 install

Options
  • 29-07-2020 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I Have a strange problem

I have Decimal points constantly appearing on my screen.

If I load the side bar for applications, the SEARCH bar loads and fills with ......

I,E. ..........................................................................................

If I load YOUTUBE, and try to login , again fills with dots

Load NOTEPAD, fills with dots

Have cleaned keyboard / mouse on laptop keyboard, and replaced with USB External Keyboard / Mouse

Have scanned with MalwareBytes / Norton Power Eraser for Malware, no issues

The laptop is barely usable, as dots appear on nearly every tab that has access to typing commands / text

Any ideas?

Have scanned with MalwareBytes / Norton Problem

The OS is Windows 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When it's happening hold the shift button and see if the other command from the decimal key is input in. If it is then it's definitely the button itself. Probably some dirt in it underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

Very much appreciate your response DopeTech

The SHIFT key stops the decimal points for a small while and allows me to put CONTROL, CMD, EXPLORER, FIREFOX etc into laptop

I have removed the " . " key and cleaned under and around with a toohbrush to remove dust

The " . " still persists ... but is manageable presently

Is it possible to disable the onboard keyboard on laptop , to confirm issue is hardware related?

Advertisement