Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Argentina is cheaper than India?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Argentina is cheaper than India?

India is 1.45 a month, Arg is 1.15 approx. Individual membership price.
    Family is 2.10 Vs 1.75 approx.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

TheDriver wrote: »
    Excellent. Most VPN don't do Argentina, anyone have a good free VPN for Argentina?
    Edit tunnelbear.
    So how does one change? Cancel with a day to go and then resign up?

How is tunnellbear free?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

India is 1.45 a month, Arg is 1.15 approx. Individual membership price.
    Family is 2.10 Vs 1.75 approx.

Do you need to use revoult or can an Irish visa do

You get 500Mb a month so it's only good for signing up to something. No good for using it unless u pay.

• Advertisement

Do you need to use revoult or can an Irish visa do

Revolut works but I'd say they don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just used Indian YouTube to get premium works out at like 1.46 a month and got my first month free (again haha).

Used my Irish debit card, no issue and now the Irish YouTube is showing up as premium, happy days!

Edit: Cancelled the Indian one and went for the Argentinian one instead, managed to get the family plan for 1.70 a month. Even better.

Funnily enough Argentinian YouTube wouldn't accept my Irish debit card so had to use my revolut which worked like a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Off topic I know. We’ve done it with Netflix, now YT premium. I wonder is it possible to switch Spotify family premium to, let’s say, India?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

So I cancelled my India sub whicg will be active until expiry date. Turned on tunnelbear Arg and went back to YouTube. 2 choices a) renew India from the expiry date or b) buy Argentina from expiry date. Signed up for 119 pesos from my expiry date.
    Used an address I found on Google. Revolut froze card so I unfroze and off we went.
    A bargain becomes a better bargain.
    BASICALLY CANCEL, TURN ON ARG VPN AND REBUY. YOU WONT LOOSE ANY SUBSCRIPTION TIME.
    Do you lose any playlists though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I couldn’t be arsed with switching from India to Argentina for the sake of 30 cents.

• Advertisement

Do you lose any playlists though

Doesn't seem to loose anything.

Does it have to be done on desktop? Can't get it working for me at all.

Does it have to be done on desktop? Can't get it working for me at all.

Did it on my phone. Had to go through website, not app

I couldn’t be arsed with switching from India to Argentina for the sake of 30 cents.

It's not about the 30c

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

nephster wrote: »
    I use Vanced on Android, but find the less than €2 a month for YouTube Family (via Argentina, for me - was cheapest at the time; cost €1.74 this month) worthwhile as it includes YouTube Music, so I can play pretty much anything without audio ads. Great to get it to play the song you want when you ask it, rather than a "radio station" vaguely like it.

This wasn't necessary until Google killed Google Play Music, as it would play my own uploaded tunes, but they did, so needs must. And nice to be able to get the Google Home to play anything I want to hear on a whim.
    Doesn't YouTube music within vanced manager have no ads too?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

DM1983 wrote: »
    Such a good tip. Thanks a million. What else am I missing out on? Have Netflix through Turkey. Spotify solution?
    Spotify balatan mod no ads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Is there any way to prepay in Indian mode? Can I buy a years worth in one go for instance? Or do I just let it pay out of my revolut every month?

Is there any way to prepay in Indian mode? Can I buy a years worth in one go for instance? Or do I just let it pay out of my revolut every month?

The latter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

Does the family subscription allow members to retain their history/subscriptions etc from their personal accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Panrich wrote: »
    Does the family subscription allow members to retain their history/subscriptions etc from their personal accounts?

I just cancelled my individual account, and signed up for a family account (from Argentina) and all my history and subscriptions etc. Are still there.

On another note, when I cancelled my account I still had the benefits until Jan 27th, so like 1/3 of the monthly payment left... And signing up again got the rest of the month prorated... It is only an additional €0.19 for the month.......... But still🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Advertisement

From what I see, you're not cancelling an account so all history and activity is retained. It's the subscription on the account that changes. I did loose my stats of premium benefits tho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So all you guys using this already use a VPN, otherwise you need to factor that price in too?

So all you guys using this already use a VPN, otherwise you need to factor that price in too?
    You only need a VPN for sign-up. Tunnelbear worked fine for me And it's free version gives plenty of data for a sign-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Yep, I have NordVPN already, they do have a 30-day cancellation period and get your money back if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

Love these treads. A bit off topic but still Google related. How are people working around Google photos with the end to unlimited photo uploads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just used the free version of hola, it's very good in fairness I can watch BBC iPlayer and the ITV player again which is an added bonus. I was using unlocator but the players stopped working, actually that reminds me I'll have to check when it up for renewal and make sure it doesn't auto renew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I see Netflix premium is 41.99 in Turkish lira. I wonder if you cancel your sub can you re-sign up when over in Turkey. Works out at €4.72 a month.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I see Netflix premium is 41.99 in Turkish lira. I wonder if you cancel your sub can you re-sign up when over in Turkey. Works out at €4.72 a month.
    See the Netflix thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Amazing

Thanks OP.

5 mins

All settings preserved

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Does YouTube premium give access to YouTube music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Does YouTube premium give access to YouTube music?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Tried with N26 account, and then with regular card and getting error saying that Google Pay isnt available in my country. Random Indian address added. Will review again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dodzy wrote: »
    Off topic I know. We’ve done it with Netflix, now YT premium. I wonder is it possible to switch Spotify family premium to, let’s say, India?

Possible, but Spotify makes it much more difficult, as you also have to have payment from the country you're signing on. There is another annoyance: you get local suggestions for very long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks OP, fairly painless process :)

grogi wrote: »
    Possible, but Spotify makes it much more difficult, as you also have to have payment from the country you're signing on. There is another annoyance: you get local suggestions for very long time.

Tidal is same and you can get a Turkish plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks OP.
    Finally took the plunge and signed the family up.
    Hopefully Google don't get nasty about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

Attachment not found.
    msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI:
    Argentina Price is:-
    119 ARS = €1.15 pm for Youtube Premium
    179 ARS = €1.72 pm for Youtube Premium Family

Did a little more research but ARS still seems to be the best.

539933.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Thanks for this.
    Worked a treat. I'm all set up with a family account.
    Shame you can't pay for a year in 1 go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Is the cheaper Argentinian price over India negated by any additional digital streaming tax that has affected Netflix subscriptions in Argentina last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Once you've set it up can you change the payment method to use Three credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Says I'm gonna be charged 149 ARS for a family account even cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I've read all of the posts here and I just want to be sure I understand this.
    If I set up family first then add accounts to the family and then go premium while using a VPN set to Argentina I get a family account for €1.72.

If I only start out with 2 amounts in the family, can I add more (limit is 5 I understand) without issue or does the family have to be set in stone before going premium?

SickBoy wrote: »
    I've read all of the posts here and I just want to be sure I understand this.
    If I set up family first then add accounts to the family and then go premium while using a VPN set to Argentina I get a family account for €1.72.

If I only start out with 2 amounts in the family, can I add more (limit is 5 I understand) without issue or does the family have to be set in stone before going premium?

Appears the issue is that it'll want the added members to have Argentina addresses too. Easier to set up the family prior to signing up to premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Appears the issue is that it'll want the added members to have Argentina addresses too. Easier to set up the family prior to signing up to premium

Some posters have said they have added family members afterwards no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This is what is confusing me.

Ya I did if about 6 months ago. Once I had it set up I sent the invites to family members and they were just able to click accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Just to repeat a question can you cancel your Google drive sub and take it out in india as well and save on the €1.99 per month similar to premium?

Also interested to hear ideas on this. I've read some details of people losing their data as they had different billing and account addresses or something and google blocked their accounts. I currently pay 20e a year for the 100GB drive and wouldn't want to mess/risk that but thinking maybe I can set up a dummy email address and add my good one as a family member (along with the actual family) and go that way. That way I'll still have to pay the 20 a year for drive but have yt premium for cheap and no risk as I haven't touched any billing info on my good account.
    Only downside is losing a family member slot with the dummy address but no biggie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Bus Wanker wrote: »
    Also interested to hear ideas on this. I've read some details of people losing their data as they had different billing and account addresses or something and google blocked their accounts. I currently pay 20e a year for the 100GB drive and wouldn't want to mess/risk that but thinking maybe I can set up a dummy email address and add my good one as a family member (along with the actual family) and go that way. That way I'll still have to pay the 20 a year for drive but have yt premium for cheap and no risk as I haven't touched any billing info on my good account.
    Only downside is losing a family member slot with the dummy address but no biggie.

That's actually a very good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah it worked for me this week added another member to my family and it worked without issue. I think you need to make sure they don't have a payment card or sub for say google drive tied to their Gmail address you are adding. But that's just me guessing

The only issue I had was my wife had set up a free Google family account already herself. She was using it to back up photos of the kids.

I had to create a new e-mail address for her just for YouTube as it was very awkward to cancel her current family account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement