Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Duty Sewing Machine

Options
  • 07-12-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

The mother is looking for one after her Jones pedal broke (I went into a sewing place and the connector is old old and can’t get replacement or repair it)

She rang the place in Talbot street, and he said he has a Janome 740 (I cannot find it, but can find a 740Dc) and said its worth E750 but said E650 or E620 I THINK (waiting on whatsapp reply), out of box as well

She does general stuff, like say curtains, trousers etc, all for the house not like a business or loads of people and she is not sure on budget

She did get a Singer one in lidl but something about can’t get hang of it and doesn’t do as much as she thought

Thanks for any ideas etc, I know it is a big vague (the Jones machine was given to her YEARS ago so not like can say she spent x on last machine)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I think 'heavy duty' suggests industrial level! I would recommend the Janome brand. I got Janome 525S a couple of years ago. I had used a Singer electric for 40 odd years til wore out the gears and spend more on repairs than cost of new one. The 'new' Singers are not the same as the old, company taken over 10 yrs or so ago and not the same quality.

PM me for contact of where I bought my machine. It was recommended by repair chap and he supplied same to schools/colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Garlinge wrote: »
    I think 'heavy duty' suggests industrial level! I would recommend the Janome brand. I got Janome 525S a couple of years ago. I had used a Singer electric for 40 odd years til wore out the gears and spend more on repairs than cost of new one. The 'new' Singers are not the same as the old, company taken over 10 yrs or so ago and not the same quality.

PM me for contact of where I bought my machine. It was recommended by repair chap and he supplied same to schools/colleges.

I think thats her way of saying it covers all, like she doesn't want to get one and say do curtains and find the machine is struggling etc

Ill send PM now, thanks

Advertisement