Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭appledrop

TRS30 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same. Popped in a while ago to no bold posts, first time it's happened in ages :(

Personally, am plowing through the work so can try to finish up a bit early today so not a lot time to post.

I think we are all same today, it was another busy week.

Finally got out on nice walk this evening, freezing but sunny.

Park rangers busy throwing everyone out at 5pm.

God love them, there is probably no one in park at that time in normal January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Out for our evening walk and not only did we see those 3 houses all still lit up but we found 2 more! Delighted us all so it did!

Breaking out the gin n tonic tonight to relax into the weekend now...
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Happy Friday everyone! Just on my break atm and saw in the Netflix Recommendations thread that National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) is coming to Netflix in February :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    If you don't want me during the weekend, you don't deserve me during the week. :p

Posy you are on fire this week proper lol posts

This has cheered me up. This years toy show already being planned and date confirmed for Friday 26th November.

https://lovin.ie/entertainment/planning-has-already-started-on-this-years-toy-show/
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Neighbour across the road has just put up a few Santa lights up in his outdoor tree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

DvB wrote: »
    This has cheered me up. This years toy show already being planned and date confirmed for Friday 26th November.

https://lovin.ie/entertainment/planning-has-already-started-on-this-years-toy-show/

Ah love it!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So that will be the tree day for me this year. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Eeep, already can't wait. Might be all we have to look forward to. :D

• Advertisement

Eeep, already can't wait. Might be all we have to look forward to. :D

I believe you may have forgotten about Pancake Tuesday and waffle day.

Not forgetting Rudolph day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

141754525_2854189074903695_6243495188994862253_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=-y49gVg80FYAX9qyNg5&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=9570ff083d8f6b778ad1919a41818c29&oe=602F21E1

Now that’s a display!!

Loughc wrote: »
    I believe you may have forgotten about Pancake Tuesday and waffle day.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Not forgetting Rudolph day ;)
    Yaaaaay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So excited to see this is in November, really thought they’d wait til December but this is great news - must remember to book the day off

• Advertisement

Yep. Friday 26th Nov is being booked off work on Monday. My first holiday booking of 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Hi everyone, hope you're all keeping well and powering through January and those of you with kids are surviving the home schooling/working from home.
    Work is starting to get busy again after the Christmas break but thankfully not as manic as Nov and Dec.
    Probably won't be popping in much for the next few months but will be certainly sticking my head in a little bit more than other years to get a pick-me-up from you guys before I set up camp on the thread permanently again in October(ish)
    Stay safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just been out for a nice walk. I love the cold polar air. Be careful anybody out driving or walking as it is slippy.

DenMan wrote: »
    Just been out for a nice walk. I love the cold polar air. Be careful anybody out driving or walking as it is slippy.

Its very slippy out there. Lovely day tho.

Did a 10k walk this morning with the family. Was so nice to have some sunshine to enjoy, don't mind the cold when it's bright and clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

24 days until pancake Tuesday!
    141286018_2854701941519075_7185780382783394542_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=8Shlyaso8VAAX8Q66WE&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=51c475bc184892a55ef8c7a7c5c0e2e3&oe=603348A9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

I LOVE pancake Tuesday!!!:D Sugar and lemon for me please :D

jellybear wrote: »
    I LOVE pancake Tuesday!!!:D Sugar and lemon for me please :D

Sugar and lemon fan here too.

I do like pancakes and Nutella as well tho.

Sugar and lemon for me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

We had pancakes yesterday for the dinner. Hubby..bananas and cream. Teenager...nutella and cream. Moi...lemon and sugar. Just trying something different to keep spirits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

We had pancakes yesterday for the dinner. Hubby..bananas and cream. Teenager...nutella and cream. Moi...lemon and sugar. Just trying something different to keep spirits up.

Great idea!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hey! its snowing outside, lets pretend its a month ago on the eve of Christmas:)

anyone still got their decorations up?

Off the back of thread we had pancakes this morning. My first attempt at American style fluffy ones as our boys adore them from the local cafe. Went very well and everyone enjoyed!

Some snowfall here this evening and it stayed as most of the place didn’t thaw out today :) The neighbours decorations are looking well now

No snow here yet, but I can hope!
    jellybear wrote: »
    I LOVE pancake Tuesday!!!
    Me too. I've already booked it off work. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

fryup wrote: »
    hey! its snowing outside, lets pretend its a month ago on the eve of Christmas:)

Everything still up bar the wreath on the front door!!

fryup wrote: »

Crazy to think only 4 weeks ago it essentially was the Eve of Christmas. Feels so long ago. Hopefully Dublin sees some snow tonight.

I want snow!!! Throws a tantrum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i have snow!!!, heavy and setting.

I want snow!!! Throws a tantrum....

I second this :(

I second this :(

I’m sorry, I got some!!!! Sweet sweet white stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Its snowing now in ncd :D ever so lightly.. but I'll take it

Somebody in Dublin go out quick and do a snow dance!! :D

Somebody in Dublin go out quick and do a snow dance!! :D

It worked it’s snowing now

• Advertisement

It worked it’s snowing now

I was looking out window wondering what snow then bang here it comes!

Just hope its lasts till morning!

I got a light flurry, but it only lasted a few minutes- it'll probably all come tonight when I'm asleep. :(

I got a light flurry, but it only lasted a few minutes- it'll probably all come tonight when I'm asleep. :(

Easy solution. Don’t sleep :D

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

So am I the only person sitting here watching the snow and listening to Christmas music??? Doubt it!

No Christmas music (paw patrol is on) but tucked up in my big fleece Christmas blanket!

• Advertisement

We had proper snow early in the evening and it was so lovely! We went out for a short walk in it, even had the cat with us :D then the rain came :(

I woke at 9 and there wasn’t a single flake of snow. I woke again at 10am to a winter wonderland. Loads of snow!!

We have loads of snow here in NCD now + still coming down.

Yipee, huge snow flakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Lovely blanket of snow here this morning. When this happens I wish I still had the cluster lights on the gutters.

Snow!
    It's easing off here now, but was lovely while it lasted. :):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement