Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern/hot deep house - not that old school bop noise

Options
  • 28-11-2020 1:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

What I've seen in some threads doesn't match my interpretation of what deep house should even be.

Modern deep house isn't even that popular or commercially recognized.

Please don't spam post a bunch of irrelevant crap.

There's a select few artists release proper deep house,

Anton Ishutin, Pascal Junior, Suprafive, Alex Hook, Matvey Emerson and a few others, but it's a peripheral genre - huge potential.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

How modern are you talking?

Jaysus, here is a mix I did 5 years ago. I'm shocked that it was that long ago. It feels much more recent than that. Crazy. Guess it's about time I rustle up a fresh one.

https://www.mixcloud.com/iamstop/passion-of-the-crates-atelier-extradition-4th-oct-2015/

Anything in that mix fit your criteria?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

iamstop wrote: »
    How modern are you talking?

Jaysus, here is a mix I did 5 years ago. I'm shocked that it was that long ago. It feels much more recent than that. Crazy. Guess it's about time I rustle up a fresh one.

https://www.mixcloud.com/iamstop/passion-of-the-crates-atelier-extradition-4th-oct-2015/

Anything in that mix fit your criteria?

You get points for the last track on general principle.

But lol at this being DEEP house.

Deep house is the kind of music that makes your gal want you to put your hand up her skirt in the lounge/smoking-area.

This is more jazzy funky, funk house or something - it bears no relevance to the genre of DEEP house to which I'm referring.

This is more the type of music hipsters who struggle to get laid listen to (no offense).

Cheers for posting anyways.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

This is more the type of music hipsters who struggle to get laid listen to (no offense).

Careful now lads. We've got a gatekeeper here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Has someone changed the deep house music genre ?

Damn it, I missed that memo....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Did deep house not die years ago?
    Or what's classed as the Nu Deep House sound?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

What I've seen in some threads doesn't match my interpretation of what deep house should even be.

Anton Ishutin, Pascal Junior, Suprafive, Alex Hook, Matvey Emerson and a few others, but it's a peripheral genre - huge potential.

That's not really deep house, and sounds quite cookie cutter/cheesy to my ears.

Look at artists like Theo Parrish or Moodymann and maybe some of the following, which would be closer what I could consider deep house.

Palms Trax
    Seinfield
    Nachtbraker
    Roman Fleugel
    John Talabot
    Talaboman
    Henrik Schwarz
    Detroit Swindle
    Chaos In The CBD
    Fred P
    Gnork
    Denis Sulta
    Project Pablo
    Aroop Roy
    Boo Williams
    Mr Tophat
    Marquis Hawkes
    Shanti Celeste
    Young Marco
    Move D
    Smallpeople
    Christopher Rau
    Kornel Kovacs
    Lauer
    Marcel Vogel
    Hunee
    Midland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭francois

That's pop

You get points for the last track on general principle.

But lol at this being DEEP house.

Deep house is the kind of music that makes your gal want you to put your hand up her skirt in the lounge/smoking-area.

This is more jazzy funky, funk house or something - it bears no relevance to the genre of DEEP house to which I'm referring.

Cheers for posting anyways.

I don't think actual deep house is for you man. Quit while you're ahead would be my advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Selik wrote: »
    I don't think actual deep house is for you man. Quit while you're ahead would be my advice :)

Look at the OPs other recommendations ... he's never been ahead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

There will be spamming.......

Any free tickies ?

• Advertisement

Can you try to re - work this masterpiece ? - it should sell out in the Balearics next summer.

Get on it. There will be spamming ... I promise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Despite the original post being borderline pop music, I welcome the post. The Electronic Music forum could do with more variety, it currently comes across as a closed shop for regulars.

Despite the original post being borderline pop music, I welcome the post. The Electronic Music forum could do with more variety, it currently comes across as a closed shop for regulars.

Can we discuss a VIP room?

I think we need one in fairness.

Hipsters and Northsiders out ... Up the Saudside.

And no league of Ireland fans either, can't stand them.. hanging around in their trackies making a hames of the place. They are a waste of hair gel and most of them stink of vicks.

They never share their poppers either, I hate them.

That's not really deep house, and sounds quite cookie cutter/cheesy to my ears.

Look at artists like Theo Parrish, Moodymann or Kerri Chandler and maybe some of the following, which would be closer what I would consider deep house.

Palms Trax
    Seinfield
    Nachtbraker
    Roman Fleugel
    John Talabot
    Talaboman
    Henrik Schwarz
    Detroit Swindle
    Chaos In The CBD
    Fred P
    Gnork
    Denis Sulta
    Project Pablo
    Aroop Roy
    Boo Williams
    Mr Tophat
    Marquis Hawkes
    Shanti Celeste
    Young Marco
    Move D
    Smallpeople
    Christopher Rau
    Kornel Kovacs
    Lauer
    Marcel Vogel
    Hunee
    Midland

Firstly - I appreciate no one has spam posted links to their crap - let's keep it up.

None of this music (I checked a series of these names).... basically it has no place in making chicks want to - quite frankly - get their panties off.

I'm sorry but, that's what it comes down to.

These listed artists sound like some jazz musician from 1960's New York scene having somehow come across DAW technology and desperately trying to haphazardly resurrect their redundant genre.

Lady GaGa is pop.

The opening track is DEEP, a deep modern baseline, slow methodical drum beat, vocals dripping with sexual innuendo - it basically hits the deepest possible octave - chicks hear that in a venue, and it makes them feel sexual.

If it doesn't facilitate that, I have absolutely no interest in it as a form or genre, and the artists listed in the quotation, they don't cut that mustard.

Detroit Swindle

I actually saw these guys live before also - they SUCK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

M'Baye, Babacar; Oliver Hall, Alexander Charles, eds. (2013). Crossing Traditions: American Popular Music in Local and Global Contexts. Scarecrow Press. p. 153. ISBN 9780810888289. "Deep house is a subgenre of house music that is revered by its fans for its faithfulness to Chicago house and New York garage. Deep house cooks up a tasty sonic stew from disco, gospel, soul, jazz, funk, Latin, and R & B. Like its predecessors, its simmers at 120 to 125 BPM. What distinguishes deep house from its progenitors is its tendency to overuse shrieking divas, ominous organs, and chord progressions to whip up dance floor drama."

Firstly - I appreciate no one has spam posted links to their crap - let's keep it up.

None of this music (I checked a series of these names).... basically it has no place in making chicks want to - quite frankly - get their panties off.

I'm sorry but, that's what it comes down to.

These listed artists sound like some jazz musician from 1960's New York scene having somehow come across DAW technology and desperately trying to haphazardly resurrect their redundant genre.

Lady GaGa is pop.

The opening track is DEEP, a deep modern baseline, slow methodical drum beat, vocals dripping with sexual innuendo - it basically hits the deepest possible octave - chicks hear that in a venue, and it makes them feel sexual.

If it doesn't facilitate that, I have absolutely no interest in it as a form or genre, and the artists listed in the quotation, they don't cut that mustard.

Quality trolling if nothing else, to be fair.

Quality trolling if nothing else, to be fair.

I reckon either a Bohs or Pats fan , I am not sure yet.

I can smell the vaporub from here.

Scabbing ciggies and all earlier on. Seen him later with a whole box, took one and back in his pockie, skinflint.

One of my introductory tracks in palatable deep house, back from 2015.

Hit them way way way deep down below, the sweet spot.

That's the whole point, DEEP house - chicks hear this is the night venue, makes them horny (co-incidentally helps a brother get laid).

This modern DAW rendered jazz pish?

Nothing doing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sounds like Pussy House might be a better name for it so! :pac:

Ibiza is mostly full of skanks now OP. Half dressed single mammies off their barneys for 3-4 nights. Most of them from * up norf ", usually spat a few out with an army squadie from Catterick. They basically go to beach clubs in San Antonio in their bikinis and latch on to gangs of coke dealers from Rochdale or Leeds.

Be careful down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

One of my introductory tracks in palatable deep house, back from 2015.

Hit them way way way deep down below, the sweet spot.

That's the whole point, DEEP house - chicks hear this is the night venue, makes them horny (co-incidentally helps a brother get laid).

This modern DAW rendered jazz pish?

Nothing doing.

Everything you have posted in this thread is called fiat 500 house music.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Everything you have posted in this thread is called fiat 500 house music.

Alls I know is that, there's certain musical styles that WORK in the nightclub, and some that don't - and that garbage ya'll linked, for all its dripping emo connotations, doesn't.

3's a charm so, last in the series for this particular lesson is Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo over here,

As we can clearly see, this fool needs to go to the tanning parlor but whilst I don't think he'll be laying any pipe in the near future, he can lay down some track that clearly makes chicks bothered.

Just sayin'.....

And THAT, muh friends - is DEEP house.

Ok....

Let's just leave it at that.. :pac:

Nollaig shona Daoibh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭waynescales1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Nollaig shona Daoibh.

Say I've watched that video close to 100 times over the years. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Grant Stevens

Headphones, start to finish, do not scrub through (resist temptation!).

Allow the emotion to flow. Production heaven here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Grant Stevens

4am. Dark, sweaty Berlin nightclub :)

Advertisement