Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Shoes 10% + free UK delivery

Options
  • 21-05-2014 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.sportsshoes.com

10% off with code MAY145. Free Delivery to UK and Free Delivery to Europe with a €40 spend

HOW TO REDEEM THIS OFFER...
    • Offer applies to standard UK delivery.
    • Please note: additional delivery charges may apply to bulk orders.
    • This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions, including affiliate and cashback schemes.
    • Alternatively, you can redeem this offer over the phone by quoting: MAY145
    • Offer ends on Midnight Tuesday 27th May 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They have a price beat promise,can't say fairer than that.Some of the stuff looks more than reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Just bought shoes there. I think they give with one hand and take with the other. I bought shoes for £39.99, then 20% was offered for those shoes so it came down to £32. UK delivery (I.e. parcel Motel) was £5 so total = £37. But then, I pressed currency = euro and now my shoes were €43, but free shipping as over €40. Yeyyyy.
    But wait. How did £32 become €43? Even accounting for 20% vs 23% VAT rates. I blindly ordered it thinking the jump was from £37 to €43, but nope, the exchange rate is crap on that site. So while I've saved €17 on those shoes compared to Irish shop price (and my size is not in stock), I've been left with a 'taste'. Here's hoping the delivery works ok (10-14 days to Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

rosieirl wrote: »
    Just bought shoes there. I think they give with one hand and take with the other. I bought shoes for £39.99, then 20% was offered for those shoes so it came down to £32. UK delivery (I.e. parcel Motel) was £5 so total = £37. But then, I pressed currency = euro and now my shoes were €43, but free shipping as over €40. Yeyyyy.
    But wait. How did £32 become €43? Even accounting for 20% vs 23% VAT rates. I blindly ordered it thinking the jump was from £37 to €43, but nope, the exchange rate is crap on that site. So while I've saved €17 on those shoes compared to Irish shop price (and my size is not in stock), I've been left with a 'taste'. Here's hoping the delivery works ok (10-14 days to Ireland).

If you pay via Paypal then do you avoid this exchange rate as you will be paying in pounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

That site looks an awful lot like the sportsdirect site... same company or rip off site?

Quazzie wrote: »
    If you pay via Paypal then do you avoid this exchange rate as you will be paying in pounds?

I did use Paypal to pay the €43. I could have paid in pounds alright but I was blinded by the 'free delivery' once my bill was over €40 so I didn't cotton onto the 'smoke and mirror' overcharge in exchange rate. I've learnt to be more vigilant for next time I guess.

• Advertisement

Tried it and it went from £29 to €39,either a crap converter or a subsidy for their UK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ron Scott

jameshayes wrote: »
    That site looks an awful lot like the sportsdirect site... same company or rip off site?

I have used both, Sports Shoes much more helpful if you have any queries etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

..........10% off with code MAY145. Free Delivery to UK and Free Delivery to Europe with a €40 spend ......

I'm being exceptional stupid today :eek:

Please can someone tell me at what point in the sales process this code can be entered

Many Thanks

Dumbeddowndog

Only three Euro's delivery for a pair of running shoes,Amazon charge fifteen sterling for the same pair.

0lddog wrote: »
    I'm being exceptional stupid today :eek:

Please can someone tell me at what point in the sales process this code can be entered

Many Thanks

Dumbeddowndog

You know, I didn't see a place to 'apply code' during checkout!? I didn't try as 10% of €43 would have brought me below €40, and delivery to Ireland was
    £8, while UK was £5 then slap parcel Motel onto it, so I let it alone. But you're right as far as I remember. Interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

jameshayes wrote: »

Different company... http://www.sportsshoes.com/support/about_sportsshoes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I've bought trainers from sportsshoes before with a code for free UK delivery to parcel motel.

Excellent company, I had my trainers very quickly, and what I got came to even less than half the price than what I was trying to get in Lifestyle Sports earlier that week.

breathn wrote: »
    I've bought trainers from sportsshoes before with a code for free UK delivery to parcel motel.

Excellent company, I had my trainers very quickly, and what I got came to even less than half the price than what I was trying to get in Lifestyle Sports earlier that week.

Did a quick comparison on a pair of runners,Lifestyle €110 Sportsshoes €84.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

kneemos wrote: »
    Did a quick comparison on a pair of runners,Lifestyle €110 Sportsshoes €84.

Ok but in my case they had a weeklong sale across their asics range and I used coupons which worked with them. Just saying they're not cowboys from my bargain hunting experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Orded gel kayanos last week.... Cheaper when compared to prices @ Elverys & lifestyle sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Thanks OP I've used this one. Needed new asics running shoes so you've saved me a few quid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

The issue here is that the 10% discount is for UK delivery only.

Therefore if you put in 'currency euro' then presumably the price is converted from £ to €nd then 10% is added in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Probably worth price checking against wiggle.co.uk they are usually pretty good value wise and have free delivery to here as well.

Advertisement