Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish All In 1 Dishwasher 78 Tabs - €8 (Dunnes)

Options
  • 20-05-2014 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

Dunnes are currently selling 78 tabs for €8.

675%5C5011417555675%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

Edit: Tesco are currently charging €25.99 for these and €10 for 56 tabs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I find the Aldi Magnum brand 40's for €3.49 absolutely the same thing as branded tabs. Good deal though if you like your finish.

Edit - And Tesco are quite mad charging that amount of money. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

never buy brand dishwasher tablets unless they are half price or less, one pack is always on offer.

I always used aldi tablets then Tesco new ones, but I bought the 52 pack of finish when they were 4 Euro and I haven't had to leave any items in the washer for another go since.

there is a difference. bearing in mind I have the cheapest washer that you can buy, so that might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

In the Which magazine tests from February these Finish powerball all in ones only scored 57/100 and finished in 12th place.
    Fairy was number one but is very expensive. Number two and three were Lidl and Aldi respectively with scores of 80/100 and 77/100.
    So as much as these look like a bargain in truth you are better off with the much cheaper Lidl and Aldi brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    never buy brand dishwasher tablets unless they are half price or less, one pack is always on offer.

I always used aldi tablets then Tesco new ones, but I bought the 52 pack of finish when they were 4 Euro and I haven't had to leave any items in the washer for another go since.

there is a difference. bearing in mind I have the cheapest washer that you can buy, so that might make a difference.

Most are produced by the same multi national company so the consumer can take it that the normal price for much of this stuff that is "always" on offer is the actual offer price.

In month 1 they sell box A with 64 tablets for €20 and box B with 56 tablets for €8.99 reduced from €15.99, The next month box A sells for "half Price and box B sells for "normal" price.

It is all one big global "Marketing" Scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Got 80 Sun All in One in Tesco for 8 euro today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Callanutd wrote: »
    In the Which magazine tests from February these Finish powerball all in ones only scored 57/100 and finished in 12th place.
    Fairy was number one but is very expensive. Number two and three were Lidl and Aldi respectively with scores of 80/100 and 77/100.
    So as much as these look like a bargain in truth you are better off with the much cheaper Lidl and Aldi brands.
    I must try the Aldi dishwasher tabs. I've used the Lidl tabs and I thought they were terrible. My glasses were cloudy, that hasn't happened me with Finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

I bought finish myself and to be honest even for 4e a box id never go back i found the aldi ones much better but thats just me could be different for other people you get alot more for your money to with aldi/lidl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Most are produced by the same multi national company so the consumer can take it that the normal price for much of this stuff that is "always" on offer is the actual offer price.

In month 1 they sell box A with 64 tablets for €20 and box B with 56 tablets for €8.99 reduced from €15.99, The next month box A sells for "half Price and box B sells for "normal" price.

It is all one big global "Marketing" Scam!

Yes indeed and all multinational companies, including supermarkets, are ripping us off by making "special prices". A recommended rule of thumb is that a "sale" price should be treated as the correct value and rrp's are the ripoff price.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Up until I saw that report I was using Finish myself. I switched to the Aldi ones and being honest I probably couldnt tell the difference myself really. At a stretch I would say the Aldi ones edge it on the glasses but overall very similar. Then it just comes down to price and there is no contest then. Aldi much much better VFM.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Mr Price had Finish 100 tablets at 9euro last time I was in it. I'll try the Aldi ones next time I need some which should be Autumn 2014

• Advertisement
Advertisement