Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin charges

Options
  • 26-03-2011 3:22am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking up prices for bin charges and came across this. You can pay for Oxigen online at the moment for 12 months for €199. Existing customers pay €299 a year. This offer is only available to new customers. My bins are in my wifes name, she kept her surname, so I;m going to ring on Monday, and see if I can pay the lesser amount. The electricity companies don't have a problem with cancelling, then going back. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Panda Waste have a good deal. 88euro per year and then 6.50 everytime you put out your black bin (green and brown bins are free to put out).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

Sorry pencilsharp but your info is innacurate! There are indeed three charges for Panda brown bins. Annual charge, charge per lift and charge per kilo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

hollands wrote: »
    Sorry pencilsharp but your info is innacurate! There are indeed three charges for Panda brown bins. Annual charge, charge per lift and charge per kilo.

Perhaps depends on your location, for Fingal pencilsharp is correct.

http://www.panda.ie/household/fingal/prices.html

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Panda Waste have a good deal. 88euro per year and then 6.50 everytime you put out your black bin (green and brown bins are free to put out).

Not that good

We (family of 5) put out our black bin every other week. So the charge for that would be 26*6.50 + 88 = €257 with Panda

We're with citybin and we're charged a flat fee of €20 per month for all three bins. No messing with tags or online loading of your account - €20 is automatically debited to my credit card once a month

The €199 oxygen deal seems pretty good, but remember you pay for the whole year up front. If they go bust, your money is gone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Do people really put their bins out so often? I know that families will have more than a couple but I put our black bin out once every 4 months. Total cost €29 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

With a family of five we put our black bin out once every 4-5 weeks. As Panda were charging extra for the brown bin, I sent it back saving an annual charge

Note that with Panda in DLR, if your bin weight is less than 5 kilos then they dont charge for the lift - kind of counterproductive, but if you put your bin out every week it might actually save you money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

No black bin here, use Thorntons and buy their plastic bags in the local shop. Costs €3.20 per bag and normally get away with one bag per week. They charge for their green bin though. Not too sure on the price but its either €60 or €80.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We pay for the year up front with AES anyway. Think there's only 2 companies that collect in my estate anyway. AES worked out with the yearly charge, and then charges for every bin, more expensive than the rate we've paid. Cha ching to me I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

beertons wrote: »
    Was looking up prices for bin charges and came across this. You can pay for Oxigen online at the moment for 12 months for €199. Existing customers pay €299 a year. This offer is only available to new customers. My bins are in my wifes name, she kept her surname, so I;m going to ring on Monday, and see if I can pay the lesser amount. The electricity companies don't have a problem with cancelling, then going back. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hope it works for you. I'd do the same myself. Where did you see the offer? I can't see anything on their site. I always paid quarterly but its due for payment again in April and I was thinking of changing but If we can switch names and save a few quid all the better!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

thorntons seem good ... no standing charge and 8 euro per lift black 6 brown free green ... there are no prices on web page though :( the prices above are from recollection of a leaflet i saw.

• Advertisement

i'm on the phone at the moment, i'll either post up a link to the page where i saw it or pm it to you. depends on whether i'm allowed put the link up?

It's an offer for Kildare customers only, just seen that now.

http://www.oxigen.ie/kildare-introductory-offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

iguana wrote: »
    Do people really put their bins out so often? I know that families will have more than a couple but I put our black bin out once every 4 months. Total cost €29 this year.
    Same here...think we put out our black bin 3-4times every year. Sure nearly everything can either go in the green or brown bin or be brought to bottle bank

Advertisement