Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entry Gaming Laptop HP £649; 6 core Ryzen + GTX 1650

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    So I was hoping that my Dell WD15 docking station would be compatible with this new laptop (as stated on a few websites that I checked before buying). Unfortunately, while the mouse and keyboard works, the screen won't activate the monitor and the dock wont charge the laptop.

Are there any docking solutions I can use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭maherhonda

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    So I was hoping that my Dell WD15 docking station would be compatible with this new laptop (as stated on a few websites that I checked before buying). Unfortunately, while the mouse and keyboard works, the screen won't activate the monitor and the dock wont charge the laptop.

Are there any docking solutions I can use?

Did you update the firmware on your docking station?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

maherhonda wrote: »
    Did you update the firmware on your docking station?

no, will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

USB-C 2.5 enclosure with USB 3.1 Thunderbolt on Hot UK deals at the moment, would be ideal if anyone has a spare 2.5 drive to increase the storage.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ugreen-usb-c-hdd-enclosure-25-899-prime-1348-non-prime-using-code-sold-by-ugreen-group-limited-uk-and-fulfilled-by-amazon-3510494

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Got this, pretty happy with it so far. Tested it out with a bit of GTA 5, ran without a hitch with graphics looking about on par with what I'd get on the PS4. Thought there were 3 USB-A ports but there are only 2 which is a slight drawback but no big deal.

Pics:

IMG-20200807-182645.jpg

IMG-20200806-181424-2.jpg

Opened it up to replace the m.2 SSD and got a fright when I saw that HP box at the top-right - thought they'd lied and given me a sata SSD or mechanical hard drive. Turns out the m.2 us under some black tape near the bottom. The box thingy must be the graphics card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Homelander

The boxy thing is a hard drive caddy for an SSD or normal HDD as additional storage. The Graphics card is under one of those two fans.

The GTX1650 would run GTA5 a lot better than the PS4. 1080P ultra @ 50-60fps would be fine. The PS4 runs at 1080P 25-30fps at about highish equivalent settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Ah nice one, makes sense alright. I have a spare HDD I can throw in there.

Advertisement