Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monster 4 pack €3.50 Tesco

• 17-02-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

They've white, green, etc. in tesco Roselawn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Better buy 4 bags of sugar. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Actually there's no sugar in some of them including the white. Great deal OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

€3 for the 4 packs in dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

Conchurl wrote: »
    €3 for the 4 packs in dunnes

Do they have white?

4motion wrote: »
    Better buy 4 bags of sugar. :)

Why, because the white is sugar free? Fair point :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Mmmmmm artificial chemicals 😋

OmegaGene wrote: »

Any website that list a product as being unhealthy because it's "highly processed" is a website I tend to ignore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Try to consider the costs of the brain and heart damage that toxic thrash does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Seriously, if you've nothing constructive to add, don't bother posting. The amount of people that have to march into every thread to let people know how unhealthy the product is/explain how vile they find it is unbelievable.

Reminds me of a friends ex-boyfriend, huge fat burly lad about 6 stone overweight. We were on a night out, went to Supermac's afterwards but he didn't get anything, asked if he wasn't hungry - "No, I just don't put that crap into my body" he said with a holier-than-thou sneer.

I'd be almost inclined to let it slide if the people posting this crap in question were themselves the pinnacle of achievement of human conditioning but you know most of them are probably just as hypocritical as the example above.

We get it, a can of Monster Energy Drink doesn't count as one of your 5 a day and it's not packed full of nutrients and vitamins. We don't care....

I'm beginning to believe people are just trolling this stage when we post about bargains relating to energy drinks. You don't see people jumping on 'that's so unhealthy' bandwagon'doing on threads advertising cheap hendricks gin in Tesco or a where the cheapest crate Guinness is. Ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Anyone ever mix it with vodka? If so opinions on it V's Red Bull.

Doltanian wrote: »
    Try to consider the costs of the brain and heart damage that toxic thrash does.

This is not the place for that type of discussion, take it else where. I was posting a bargain, which it is.

Contains ''controversial artificial sweeteners''... Haha what exactly does that mean?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

CWF wrote: »
    Do they have white?

Yes the white and green 4 packs are in the weekly wonder promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice.

FYI:

2Wks ago aldi had them on special. White/Green 4packs for 3.99. Whites sold out rapidly. Nobody wants green (tis mank).

Currently Lidl are on B1G1F so same price but single cans bought in pairs. Fair few whites in my local.

Tesco are normally €6 for 4 so €3 is pretty good from Dunnes. Must have a go tomorrow. I live on the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

CWF wrote:
    Contains ''controversial artificial sweeteners''... Haha what exactly does that mean?!

Probably aspartame. Same as what's in Extra gum.

If I was to cast dispersions on this (which I won't as I buy Monster) the artificial sweetener argument is a weak one.

Pique wrote: »
    Probably aspartame. Same as what's in Extra gum.

If I was to cast dispersions on this (which I won't as I buy Monster) the artificial sweetener argument is a weak one.

Aspartame is one of the most studied compounds in the world. There hasn't been any credible evidence to suggest that it has any negative health consequences for adult humans at the doses we ingest it at.

Some very early studies incorrectly suggested it was a carcinogen and for some reason that belief has stayed in the minds of certain people today. Such people like those who created the website above as well as wannabe doctor "nutritionists".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There hasn't been any credible evidence to suggest that it has any negative health consequences for adult humans at the doses we ingest it at.

It does give you the runs if you consume too much, a night of vodka and white monster could be fun ;)

Del2005 wrote: »
    It does give you the runs if you consume too much, a night of vodka and white monster could be fun ;)

That's, eh, not because of the aspartame. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

That's, eh, not because of the aspartame. :p

If you read any of the sugar free products they all say the same, too much and you will be sitting on the throne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Wrong. That's caloric sweeteners, polyols. Non caloric sweeteners don't have a laxative effect. Monster uses sucralose by the way not aspartame. But also no good evidence to suggest there's anything wrong with it.

Del2005 wrote: »
    If you read any of the sugar free products they all say the same, too much and you will be sitting on the throne.

Again, that's not because of the aspartame, for the reasons WellyJ correctly pointed out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

We get it, a can of Monster Energy Drink doesn't count as one of your 5 a day and it's not packed full of nutrients and vitamins. We don't care....

Actually, going by this link, seems to have quite a few 'healthy' ingredients

panax ginseng root extract, taurine,...l-carnitine, l-tartrate, inositol, guarana seed extract... (haven't heard of the other ones).
    I only drink 2 white monsters a day... :confused::rolleyes:

This is Bargain Alerts not Nutrition and Diets folks.

Expired on both Tesco and Lidl fronts now.

Side Bargain: Arizona Ice Tea (3 Flavours) are 75c a bottle at the minute in Lidl. Pretty nice when not chugging Monster 4pks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Surprised they haven’t posted this

https://youtu.be/TjB3dO6hVwc

I’ve been drinking this stuff for years (white). The only gripe with it is it’s misleading to say it’s calorie/carb/sugar free. it is low cal/carb/sugar.

Hoping we don’t get screwed when the sugar tax comes in. The price of Coke Zero Sugar shouldn’t match the price of a can of Coca-Cola. You just know the greedy little shops will price both the same.

You just know the greedy little shops will price both the same.

f56.gif

If anyone spots any supermarkets stocking Ultra Violet please shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

ED E wrote: »
    If anyone spots any supermarkets stocking Ultra Violet please shout.

Haven't seen it in packs yet. Only see it sold separately. I do like it a lot

• Advertisement

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in packs yet. Only see it sold separately. I do like it a lot

A single Gala near me has had them, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

That's actually quite dear for four packs of Monster Munch m8

2 For €2 in Lidl - Green and White.

Bump. Lidl doing great here BUT not the Ultras. I tend to drink Ultra White/Purple (Blue sugar free is mank).

RP7ff6Ml.jpg

The ultra Red and white stocked in Thurles.

As I predicted a number of months ago, the shops nationwide are pricing Coca Cola Zero/Monster Zero at the same prices as sugary drinks.

McKevitt Costcutter in Thurles is the second most expensive €2.65 for it. Amber Thurles is €3. Everywhere else is €1.25 to €2 a can.

The ultra Red and white stocked in Thurles.

Last time Lidl had ultra white and regular green the white sold out in the first day and green sat there for a week or two so its possible they had it and it flew off the shelves. Lidl are usually consistent between stores.

Dunnes were cheaper last time I got monster there but only go when visiting a friend next to one. €1.35 or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Had the regular green one a few weeks ago, I forgot how unpleasant it is. I'll stick to the ultra ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Are any of the sugar free one's on sale?

Italix wrote: »
    Are any of the sugar free one's on sale?

Thats what we're just discussing. Ultra = sugar free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Thats what we're just discussing. Ultra = sugar free.

My bad, I'll be in Tesco and Lidl tomorrow so I'll post if I find any cans of ultra on offer.

Italix wrote: »
    My bad, I'll be in Tesco and Lidl tomorrow so I'll post if I find any cans of ultra on offer.

Tesco are selling UK Monster for €5.99. Vs Dunnes €4. Total rip off. Same with Diet Coke and Coke Zero. UK Uxbridge made yet sold at a premium. HBC Irish/NI produced Coke is cheaper

• Advertisement

Dunnes Stores:
    1.50 Ultra Orange
    1.65 Mixd (Punch, Sugared, Guilty pleasure)
    1.50 Ultra Violet

So the sugar tax is being applied correctly it seems. They had Lewis H but I didnt get that as Im trying not to be a chunky monkey.

NB: Signage was wrong showing 1.95 pricing.

Tesco in Galway Shopping Centre had the blue absolutely zero 4 pack for 4 euro a day ago

rocky wrote: »
    Tesco in Galway Shopping Centre had the blue absolutely zero 4 pack for 4 euro a day ago

UK cardboard pack Monster though. Alright if Dunnes Stores doesn’t have the plastic wrap Irish 4 pack for €4. Best to support Irish/NI jobs if and when you can.

rocky wrote: »

D'ya not think that one is mank?
    UK cardboard pack Monster though. Alright if Dunnes Stores doesn’t have the plastic wrap Irish 4 pack for €4. Best to support Irish/NI jobs if and when you can.

Pretty sure you're the only Monster customer who'd consider such things. Not sure a bottling plant requires many hands either.

D'ya not think that one is mank?

It's the black one with blue M, before the white came to Ireland it's what I used to get

Seems there's also a purple one with the same nane, I don't like that one

Current offer: 4pk of Ripper, Classic and maybe others for €4.41. 1.10 is good compared to Dunnes 1.50/1.65. Lidl is also 1.50 with mixed stocks.

Lewis Hamilton, 75c/can in Lidl.

Advertisement