Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.de locked account

Options
  • 08-03-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

So amazon.de locked my account.
    Sent off screenshots showing the perx card details. etc
    Not accepted.
    Emailed saying to reply to this email but the email address does not work. bounced back
    I cannot access chat as i cannot log in.
    Anyone have something similar and how did you resolve it?
    I am going around in circles at the moment.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

As eu amazon accounts are the same as .co.uk/.com. Are you completely locked out of all accounts?

The best ways to contact Amazon for help when you have a problem with your account
    Amazon's customer service phone number is 1-888-280-4331. ~~~ Edit US only number.
    And you can call that number 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

For issues with your account, such as a billing dispute, you should email cis@amazon.com ~~ Edit not active.
    For general inquiries, you should email primary@amazon.com.

Amazon's customer service Twitter account is @amazonhelp. Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon. On Instagram, they're — you guessed it — @amazon.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

I presume you've checked it is not a scam email??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Hi all, Thanks for the replies.
    I have a .co.uk account but with a different email address so they could not help through that account.
    They wanted me to ring Germany...but eventually put me through to the German help desk. Got to someone who speaks English and they are looking at it.
    The email address being down is the first hurdle and that has been passed up the line in Amazon and maybe the fact i rang may help with the other issues.
    Could take up to 12 hours to get word though.
    Those contact details may come in useful though if i get no joy.

So 24 hours later no word. The cis@amazon email is not active. Have tried the other. The tel number is US it seems...saga continues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Hi all, Thanks for the replies.
    I have a .co.uk account but with a different email address so they could not help through that account.

So 24 hours later no word. The cis@amazon email is not active. Have tried the other. The tel number is US it seems...saga continues

Your email & password for .co.uk should allow you login to .de, so you could try that and contact support from that account.

Or try the social media options FB/Twitter/Instagram?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »
    Your email & password for .co.uk should allow you login to .de, so you could try that and contact support from that account.

Or try the social media options FB/Twitter/Instagram?

I may try that, but following on from using chat telephone on .co.uk yesterday with that account it seems like they cannot access the other accounts details.
    That or i got unlucky with who i was dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If your .de account is locked this will also affect UK, .com etc
    Accounts are all linked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Cabaal wrote: »
    If your .de account is locked this will also affect UK, .com etc
    Accounts are all linked
    sundodger5 wrote: »

It sounds like the OP has created a new, separate .de account, which might be the cause of the problem if Amazon has spotted details shared with an existing .co.uk account (e.g. same card number)

If that's the case, then try logging on to the .de site using the .co.uk and going through the .de chat interface to explain to them that there's a different but legitimate e-mail address associated with the locked account.

Hi all, It boils down to two problems, Proving ownership of a pre pay card (Perx) and the email address to send info to not working amazons side.
    Just spoke to customer service again and she will email me so i can send the stuff to her and then she will forward to the relevant dept.
    Although not accepting pre pay cards was mentioned by another person in Amazon.
    Is that a thing?

Advertisement