Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennant cancelling hap agreement

Options
  • 06-03-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

If a Tennant wants to end their hap agreement with their landlord and move out of the property do they have to give notice to the landlord/council, if so does anyone know how much notice has to be given?
    Can't seem to find any info on the hap website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ooter wrote: »
    If a Tennant wants to end their hap agreement with their landlord and move out of the property do they have to give notice to the landlord/council, if so does anyone know how much notice has to be given?
    Can't seem to find any info on the hap website.

check your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

You have to inform the council of any changes in your circumstances, but the actual notice period is given to the landlord as per tenancy agreement rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭ooter

Thanks, I'll see if I can dig out the tenancy agreement.
    All I can see on citizens information about ending a hap tenancy is this. It would suggest the applicable notice period depending on the length of tenancy must be given.
    Ending a HAP tenancy
    If a tenant or a landlord wishes to end a residential tenancy, they must comply with the relevant legislation. Read more on Threshold’s website.

It links to this threshold page.
    https://www.threshold.ie/advice/ending-a-tenancy/ending-your-tenancy/

Advertisement