Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Ireland mobile return

• 05-03-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I purchased a brand new Samsung mobile phone and changed my mind after 2 days. Returned it on 4th day by registered post and can see that it has been received by them 9 days ago.
    I am trying to contact Samsung by phone and email but no response from them.

What are my rights here in terms of getting back the refund? How long does it usually take to get the refund? It's a big amount for me and no news from them is making me nervous.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

What are my rights here in terms of getting back the refund? How long does it usually take to get the refund? It's a big amount for me and no news from them is making me nervous.

Thanks.

You have zero right to a refund if you have just changed your mind.

It would depend on whatever policy samsung has in place whether or not you will get your money back.

Edit - Looks like Samsung have a 28 day period where you can refund for any reason. So looks like you are good. I would say hang tight a bit. You know they got it, and they are a reputable company. Might just be delays on their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tzardine wrote: »
    You have zero right to a refund if you have just changed your mind.

It would depend on whatever policy samsung has in place whether or not you will get your money back.

Actually you do have a right to change of mind for distance (online / postal / phone) purchases - but only if the item is unused and only opened for inspection purposes.

I'm presuming the OP cleared the return before sending it back and is just looking for specific experiences. If they didn't clear it, they may just have posted a phone in to a black hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Samsung did include "14 days change of mind return" form with the new phone. And it's in original condition.

I am wondering how long do they take for refund? Is there a timeframe that they obliged to refund the amount?
    Or if I can call my credit card to recover the amount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I wouldn’t be surprised if it would take a month. It'll have to be assessed to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.

Thanks.

Hopefully they will atleast acknowledge the receipt of mobile phone. :o
    JDxtra wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it would take a month. It'll have to be assessed to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.

• Advertisement

Hello All,

I got refund for the Samsung phone that I returned back to Samsung within 14 days of purchase. However, they are not returning my old phone that I traded-in and no reply from the trade-in team for the last two weeks, despite the fact I have sent them 3 emails per week.

Finally got an email that trade-in has been completed and they are the owner of my old phone now.

What can I do now? It's been 4 weeks at this stage.

I would expect that the traded in phone has long since gone somewhere irretrievable - you'll need to pressure them for the notional value in that case.

Hello All,

I got refund for the Samsung phone that I returned back to Samsung within 14 days of purchase. However, they are not returning my old phone that I traded-in and no reply from the trade-in team for the last two weeks, despite the fact I have sent them 3 emails per week.

Finally got an email that trade-in has been completed and they are the owner of my old phone now.

What can I do now? It's been 4 weeks at this stage.

Did the refund you received include the trade in value? I would have imagined it would have.

No.

The did not refund the trade-in value of 250 euros. I asked them and they said trade-in department is different, therefore they will refund me only what I have paid.

No communications from Trade-in teams and it is very annoying.

I am happy to take 250 instead of return of my old phone.

Could I lodge a complain somewhere?
    Did the refund you received include the trade in value? I would have imagined it would have.

No.

The did not refund the trade-in value of 250 euros. I asked them and they said trade-in department is different, therefore they will refund me only what I have paid.

No communications from Trade-in teams and it is very annoying.

I am happy to take 250 instead of return of my old phone.

Could I lodge a complain somewhere?

Thats poor form so.

Small claims court probably your best bet.

• Advertisement

Ok, I will check now about small claims court. Will I have to pay for court fees?

And also do I inform Samsung Trade-in team that I am going to court now?

Many thanks
    Thats poor form so.

Small claims court probably your best bet.

Fee is €25 and is not claimable unless the entity you're claiming against is outside Ireland and you're using the European Small Claims procedure

It is worth telling them that you will be doing this as that sometimes is sufficient to make places pay up.

The company is based in Dublin, Ireland. So I suppose I can not claim back €25 in this case.

I will inform them now. Fingers crossed.
    L1011 wrote: »
    Fee is €25 and is not claimable unless the entity you're claiming against is outside Ireland and you're using the European Small Claims procedure

It is worth telling them that you will be doing this as that sometimes is sufficient to make places pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I know this is an old thread, but how did you end up with Samsung? I traded in my phone, which I bought brand new, sealed on adverts. Was just told by samsung it's a blacklisted phone and according to "the law" they would keep it and confiscate it. I have returned the new flip 4 I bought and expecting a refund, is there a way to retrieve my phone from Samsung?.

Basically no. Doesn't matter that the phone was sealed, buying off any grey market source means the chances that it fell off the back of a lorry (or got reported missing in transit, etc etc) somewhere are huge.

Advertisement