Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with DSP illness benifit

Options
  • 02-03-2021 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me with this. Myself and my wife are jointly assessed and we noticed she's had a reduction in earnings since the start of the year.

When I checked my tax credit cert I noticed this

545617.PNG

She got illness benefit for 8 weeks last year, which would explain the €2111.20 but I'm not sure where the second figure below came from €10556 ?

Also she's showing as having employee tax credit at the top of the cert but none on the Allocation of your Tax Credits and Rate Bands.

Excuse my ignorance but can anyone shed some light on this ?

Many thanks :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

D3V!L wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me with this. Myself and my wife are jointly assessed and we noticed she's had a reduction in earnings since the start of the year.

When I checked my tax credit cert I noticed this

545617.PNG

She got illness benefit for 8 weeks last year, which would explain the €2111.20 but I'm not sure where the second figure below came from €10556 ?

Also she's showing as having employee tax credit at the top of the cert but none on the Allocation of your Tax Credits and Rate Bands.

Excuse my ignorance but can anyone shed some light on this ?

Many thanks :o

They have deducted 52×203 (10.5k of band) and 20% of same (2k credits) on the assumption someone is claiming illness benefit in 2021. If the claim happened at end year it may be a time lag. Was illness benefit still in place at end Dec? She should contact illness benefit support (01 7043300) to see why it has not been corrected if claim is closed.

Once a claim is closed within a few weeks social welfare should tell revenue and credits and bands will be adjusted back up. May be an error on social welfare system if claim was fully closed out in 2020...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

ari101 wrote: »
    They have deducted 52×203 (10.5k of band) and 20% of same (2k credits) on the assumption someone is claiming illness benefit in 2021. If the claim happened at end year it may be a time lag. Was illness benefit still in place at end Dec? She should contact illness benefit support (01 7043300) to see why it has not been corrected if claim is closed.

Once a claim is closed within a few weeks social welfare should tell revenue and credits and bands will be adjusted back up. May be an error on social welfare system if claim was fully closed out in 2020...?

Thanks for that. It was just for two months at the of last year and it was closed out. Or so she was told.

We'll give them a shout in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thanks for that. It was just for two months at the of last year and it was closed out. Or so she was told.

We'll give them a shout in the morning.

Have her login to her DSP online account and get a illness benefit statement for 2020 and 2021 to provide to Revenue. Takes about 5 minutes. Once Revenue can see it seen closed then you'll be able to get an updated Tax Credit Cert.

Advertisement