Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Takeaway Pints in Dublin City Center

Options
  • 20-06-2020 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,. anyone know of anywhere in Dublin City Centre that are doing takeaway pints? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Globe are doing pints, cans and cocktails to take away. They definitely had Guinness and Heineken, not sure what else on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Slightly out of the city centre, Fourth Corner at St. Patricks Catherdral are. They've a few seats setup outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭howiya

Don't know the name of the place but passed a place today in between Dame Tavern and Fallon and Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

howiya wrote: »
    Don't know the name of the place but passed a place today in between Dame Tavern and Fallon and Byrne

The Exchequer maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Last Saturday Ukiyo was doing take away pints?

Also Catch22 /Bar Rua on Chatham Row, and all handy for the jacks at Stephens Green :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

All over the place in town; it’s actually mad the number of people clogging up pavements drinking outside, rolling barrels and the like into roads for makeshift seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was in town yesterday, Mary's and The Globe both selling takeaway pints. No Guinness left in Mary's but The Globe had Guinness, there were gangs of people standing around South William Street and outside Grogans.

A good crowd of people drinking on Dame Court in the evening then around 8 o'clock the Guards came along and started moving people on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Grogans are making pains to point out that they're closed and anyone drinking outside there got the pints elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Passed a group collecting pints from the Patriots Inn opposite Kilmainham Gaol this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Marcusm wrote: »
    All over the place in town; it’s actually mad the number of people clogging up pavements drinking outside, rolling barrels and the like into roads for makeshift seats.

While I haven't indulged in a pint or buying one from a pub, as I don't really see the point of buying one to drink at home. I might however if I was out on a walk and fancied a pint. However, it is this type of behaviour that ruins it for everyone. Get your pints and fúck off to a place where your not bothering anyone. Other publicans should be telling the pub to do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭howiya

Hogzy wrote: »
    The Exchequer maybe?

Not sure if it was the exchequer. They were being served out of a doorway on that side of dame court but possibly too far down to be a side door of the exchequer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭duffmann

Lots of ladies and gents pissing in public around Grogans earlier. Hope it rains tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not sure if it was the exchequer. They were being served out of a doorway on that side of dame court but possibly too far down to be a side door of the exchequer.

I think RíRá at the back of The Globe have a hatch sort of set up now too, could have been them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

so many folk with their tongues out for drink after a few weeks without, its tragic. no wonder we have a rep for being a nation of drunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

so many folk with their tongues out for drink after a few weeks without, its tragic. no wonder we have a rep for being a nation of drunks.

Its a grasp at a return to somewhat of a normality and to catch up with friends. I dont see how that is "tragic".

Hogzy wrote: »
    Its a grasp at a return to somewhat of a normality and to catch up with friends. I dont see how that is "tragic".

you might not see it but you've just explained it yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

you might not see it but you've just explained it yourself...

And what's it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Been about three months actually. Only had one as well, but I must be tragic because of it if you say so :)

Been about three months actually. Only had one as well, but I must be tragic because of it if you say so :)

great, we're agreed then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pow_pow

Yes there appears to be a good few places selling pints, and also a mixture of others drinking cans. No harm, as someone said above people are trying to get back to a sense of normality and catch up with friends.

But is anywhere allowing people in to use toilets? I saw two girls going to the toilet in Dame Lane (from a distance) and thought they were drug users or homeless, only to bump into them soon after and see they were far from the drug users homeless people I envisaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

great, we're agreed then.

No sorry, have a nice week

Just resurrecting this, going for a meal tomorrow for the better halves birthday but the place is only doing walk-ins so we may be standing around for an hour... any update on what pubs are doing takeaway pints around Temple Bar/Dublin 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Just resurrecting this, going for a meal tomorrow for the better halves birthday but the place is only doing walk-ins so we may be standing around for an hour... any update on what pubs are doing takeaway pints around Temple Bar/Dublin 1?

Try dame lane, best spot for this i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

the globe is probably worth a try

how did you get on out of interest? was in town myself earlier, it was like a last per-lockdown purge in most places lol

how did you get on out of interest? was in town myself earlier, it was like a last per-lockdown purge in most places lol

Got a couple of takeaway ones at Ha'Penny Bridge Inn... at 7 quid a pint we ended up getting a couple of cans for the wait too! The Garda mounted unit were around moving people on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Got a couple of takeaway ones at Ha'Penny Bridge Inn... at 7 quid a pint we ended up getting a couple of cans for the wait too! The Garda mounted unit were around moving people on.

Yeah, there's this minor thing called Covid-19 happening at the moment.

imme wrote: »

To be fair... town was like a ghost town and most people were in groups of 2 sitting at least metres apart from other people doing no harm. I get where you are coming from though to an extent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

just buy cans or bottles in off licence

beers in lines from keg are bad if they are not used everyday

• Advertisement

imme wrote: »

take away pints are still allowed up level 5 lockdown

Advertisement