Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Bagenalstown like to live in?

Options
  • 26-03-2020 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I am thinking of moving to Bagenalstown (probably a place in town)
    Would anyone have any thoughts on what it is like to live there? Is it a nice place to live? Is it a safe town (I have two children under 10)
    Are the schools good locally or do people use the schools in Carlow?
    are there plenty of activities for kids?

Thanks a million for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

I live in carlow town but work close enough to Bagenalstown. From what I hear it's fine. Most kids go to school in the town, I believe the de la salle secondary is heavily oversubscribed though so maybe check secondary school options. Small playground, river walks and gaa clubs are all I can think of for kids to do. You're close enough to kilkenny or carlow though. Aldi, supervalu there and lidl opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hi
    It's a lovely town to live in. Generally perfectly safe and not much anti social behaviour. De La Salle would have a good name, well run school. There is a VEC school too but they are struggling massively for numbers and don't have such a good name. Small number of kids from the town would go Leo's or Knockbeg. For kids there is gaa, soccer, pitch and Putt, swimming pool, atlethics club and the cyms club in town would have loads of clubs like hip hop, crossfit etc. Primary school, there is a boys and a girls primary school. You are 3 mins from motorway, kilkenny 15 mins, carlow 15 mins. Dublin little over an hour on a good day. It does have a lot going for it. Centre of town has been effected a bit by recession. Aldi, super valu and a Lidl soon all there. Lovely countryside around it too, and nice river walks.

Advertisement